This month we are introducing the brand new creative challenge, ‘Animation August’.
We are challenging you to create a series of 2D or 3D animations during the month of August. These animations can be daily or weekly creations or you could even create one complex animation to share at the end of the month!
They can be as simple as a flip book, or as complex as you like and as long or as short as you like, depending on your experience. The point is to have a go!
Free reference inspiration pdf to go with challenge
Get our free prompt and reference pdf by when you sign up for our newsletter
- The only rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
- Your animation could be a single short animated film, a series of animated drawings or illustrations, a series of photographs stitched together, computer-generated animations or a simple flip-book!
- You can use anything from a potato to a mouldable figure… A paper cut-out to a series of drawings… The list is endless!
- Your animations could be as simple as a falling leaf to a full on story
- Your animations can be as long or as short as you like
- You must not post old work.
- You are encouraged to share your daily progress throughout the month on social media, or on your own blog if you have one and don’t forget to link back to us! We might even feature your animation on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #AnimationAugust
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your animations on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- Have your idea and materials planned in advance
Ideas to make your work a little more interesting
- Instead of animating a simple moving object, try telling a story
- You could make your animations into something comical. We all love to laugh!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other August Challenges
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day. For ‘Quick Kick August’ we are challenging you to create a drawing or painting every day on a non-white surface.read more
KickTime is our brand new monthly challenge designed for those creatives who would prefer to sink their teeth into one big project over the whole month, rather than to take part in lots of smaller ones. It’s designed to inspire any kind of creative project a story, a poem, a piece of art, a piece of music, the list is endless!read more
This month we are introducing the brand new creative challenge, ‘31 Animals August’We are challenging you to create and share a piece of animal art, every day for 31 days throughout the month of August. Your art can be in any medium and created in 2D, 3D or digitalread more
Do you find it hard to find time for your creative pursuit? Are you simply too tired at the end of the day? Then this is the challenge for you! We are challenging you to get up one hour earlier than you usually would, every single day throughout the month of Augustread more