Cartoon in June
This month it’s our challenge ‘Cartoon in June.’
We are challenging you to create a cartoon every single day throughout the month of June.
- The only rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
- Your aim is to draw a cartoon every single day throughout the month of June.
- Your cartoon could be a single character, or an entire comic strip!
- You can use any medium and your cartoon can be in colour or in black and white.
- Don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #CartooninJune
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your cartoons on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- You can create your basic character on the day and go back to it at a later date to add your colours if you are using them. As long as all of your cartoons are complete by the 30th of June, that’s all that matters.
Ideas to make your cartoons a little more interesting
- Try adding some borders to your cartoons.
- You could add speech bubbles.
- You could try telling a story with your drawings by making a simple comic strip.
At the end of the month, why not make a little cartoon tour video (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or you could email us some of your favourite cartoon creations! With your permission, we may even feature your work on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other June Challenges
KickTime is our brand new monthly challenge designed for those creatives who would prefer to sink their teeth into one big project over the whole month, rather than to take part in lots of smaller ones. It’s designed to inspire any kind of creative project a story, a poem, a piece of art, a piece of music, the list is endless!read more
For Quick Kick June we are challenging you to create a COLOUR sketch in 15 minutes or less. This challenge is particularly suitable for those who have a tendency to overwork their sketches or those who have limited time.read more
Replicate a sketch, drawing or painting by a master or from an art book, every day throughout the month. One of the best ways to learn how to draw well, is to copy from other artists who are masters of their craft. By replicating their style you will learn a lot.read more