Cartoon in June
This month it’s our challenge ‘Cartoon in June.’
We are challenging you to create a cartoon every single day throughout the month of June.
Free reference inspiration pdf to go with challenge
Get our free prompt and face reference pdf by when you sign up for our newsletter
- The only rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
- Your aim is to draw a cartoon every single day throughout the month of June.
- Your cartoon could be a single character, or an entire comic strip!
- You can use any medium and your cartoon can be in colour or in black and white.
- Don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #CartooninJune
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your cartoons on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- You can create your basic character on the day and go back to it at a later date to add your colours if you are using them. As long as all of your cartoons are complete by the 30th of June, that’s all that matters.
Ideas to make your cartoons a little more interesting
- Try adding some borders to your cartoons.
- You could add speech bubbles.
- You could try telling a story with your drawings by making a simple comic strip.
At the end of the month, why not make a little cartoon tour video (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or you could email us some of your favourite cartoon creations! With your permission, we may even feature your work on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!