Early Rise August
Do you find it hard to find time for your creative pursuit? Are you simply too tired at the end of the day? Then this is the challenge for you!
We are challenging you to get up one hour earlier than you usually would, every single day throughout the month of August… Yes, even weekends! Then you must set your timer and spend that first hour of your day working on your creative pursuit.
Each day, we would love you to post about what you managed to achieve during this extra hour.
Free reference inspiration pdf to go with challenge
Get our free prompt and reference pdf by when you sign up for our newsletter
Scratch your creative itch before you begin your day
The object here is to scratch your creative itch before you even begin your day… And of course to get more done! Whether that’s a book full of sketches or a few chapters of the book you always wanted to write… You’ll be surprised at the end of the month just how much more you will have achieved!
- You must set your alarm for ONE HOUR earlier than you usually would, every single day throughout August… Yes, even weekends.
- Aside from making yourself a cuppa, you should aim to get straight to work in your pyjamas before you have the chance to be distracted by anything else.
- Set a timer for one hour and focus on your work until your timer goes off.
- Each day, you should post about what creations you managed to achieve during this extra hour, using the hashtags #CatchingTheWorm and #EarlyRiseAugust. Even if you don’t want to show your work, you can just talk about what you managed to get done.
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post (details shown below) We might even link back to your work on our blog!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- If you’re not usually a morning person, try going to bed a little earlier to make you feel less tired.
- Don’t allow yourself to get distracted by your usual morning routine. Remember, you would normally be asleep, so breakfast can wait! Grab a cuppa and get straight to work!
- Plan ahead! Decide the night before what you are going to be working on. This will prevent you from wasting any of your extra hour on deciding what to do!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!