Kick Crafty Textiles Challenge
This month it’s the creative challenge, Kick Crafty. We are challenging you to use textiles to create something this month. You can create something every day or work on a larger project.
- The only rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
- You can use any sort of materials you like from wool and felt, to scraps of material
- You can create something every day or work on a larger project over the month and show your daily progress
- Don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #KickCrafty
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your cartoons on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- Work on one larger project and do a little work daily
Ideas to make your work a little more interesting
- Experiment with combining textures and materials
- You could even die or paint parts of your work.
At the end of the month, why not make a little tour video (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or you could email us some of your favourite creations! With your permission, we may even feature your work on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other June Challenges
KickTime is our brand new monthly challenge designed for those creatives who would prefer to sink their teeth into one big project over the whole month, rather than to take part in lots of smaller ones. It’s designed to inspire any kind of creative project a story, a poem, a piece of art, a piece of music, the list is endless!
For Quick Kick June we are challenging you to create a cartoon every single day throughout the month of June. You can create a single cartoon or build them up into a comic strip over the month.
Replicate a sketch, drawing or painting by a master or from an art book, every day throughout the month. One of the best ways to learn how to draw well, is to copy from other artists who are masters of their craft. By replicating their style you will learn a lot.