Kick Time October a Month Long Prompt Challenge
KickTime is our monthly challenge designed for those creatives who would prefer to sink their teeth into one big project over the whole month, rather than to take part in lots of smaller ones.
And it’s designed for any kind of creative project. We will give you a prompt each month and you can use it to inspire a story, a poem, a piece of art, a piece of music, an animation, a film, a screen play… The list is endless!
The best part is that you get to work on any creative project, which is inspired by that word, for a whole month!
We will give you a brand new prompt word at the beginning of every month to use as your inspiration.
- You can use this word to inspire any kind of creative project
- You have the entire month to work on your creative project
- We would encourage you to share your progress regularly on social media, or perhaps even your latest word count if you are writing a story.
- On the last day of the month, you should post your final piece, or a link to where people can find it.
- Please don’t forget to link and tag us in your posts (details are shown below). Otherwise, we won’t see what you have done. We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #KickTimeOctober
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your journal pages on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Ideas to make your work a little more interesting
- You don’t need to take the word literally… You can interpret it in any way you wish.
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other October Challenges
We are challenging you to create something ‘creepy’ every day throughout October. You can create anything you like, from a pumpkin carving, to a drawing, a painting, a poem, a creepy story, a scary photo, or a spooky sculpture…read more
We are challenging you to write and share a poem every day throughout April! You can write a poem about any topic you like, but we’ll provide optional prompts if you need them.read more
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day. For ‘Quick Kick October’ we are challenging you to pick just ONE subject and sketch it every single day throughout the month.read more
‘Sculptober’ was founded in 2014 by, Dragons and Beasties, Tumble Creatures and Little Fat Dragons. Every October, sculptors take on the challenge of creating something each day based on a daily theme. To join in the fun, you can request to join their Facebook Group.read more
Every October Jake Parker challenges artists all over the world to create one ink drawing a day for the entire month. Jake originally created Inktober back in 2009 to improve his inking skills and develop a positive drawing habit and the challenge snowballed from there.read more