Print with Junk July
This month we are introducing our very own, brand new creative challenge, ‘Print with Junk July’.
Every day in July we are challenging you to do some printmaking either on top of junk or with junk. It can be any type of printmaking from potato prints, to monoprints, to lino prints.
You could print using bits of corrugated card, leaves or wood. You could print on old magazine pages, scrap bits of wood or material or food packaging.
- The only rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
- Post a picture of your creation every day.
- Experiment with different materials and objects.
- Don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #PrintwithJunkJuly
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your journal pages on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- You could base all your creations on a theme
- You could collect all the ‘Junk’ you’re going to use prior to starting your project
Ideas to make your cartoons a little more interesting
- You could use more than one piece of junk in each creation
- Experiment with different types of printmaking
At the end of the month, why not make a little tour video of your creations (up to three minutes long) and send it to us?
With your permission, we may even feature your ‘junk’ on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other July Challenges
KickTime is our brand new monthly challenge designed for those creatives who would prefer to sink their teeth into one big project over the whole month, rather than to take part in lots of smaller ones. It’s designed to inspire any kind of creative project a story, a poem, a piece of art, a piece of music, the list is endless!read more
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day. For ‘Quick Kick July’ we are challenging you to create a simple drawing ‘upside-down’, every day throughout the month of July.read more
Yes, we are just over halfway there already! And we are challenging you to come up with one festive creation for this coming Christmas, every single day throughout the month of July. Imagine how organised you will feel in December!read more