Print with Junk July
This month we are introducing our very own, brand new creative challenge, ‘Print with Junk July’.
Every day in July we are challenging you to do some printmaking either on top of junk or with junk. It can be any type of printmaking from potato prints, to monoprints, to lino prints.
Free reference inspiration pdf to go with challenge
Get our free prompt and face reference pdf by when you sign up for our newsletter
You could print using bits of corrugated card, leaves or wood. You could print on old magazine pages, scrap bits of wood or material or food packaging.
- The only rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
- Post a picture of your creation every day.
- Experiment with different materials and objects.
- Don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #PrintwithJunkJuly
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your journal pages on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- You could base all your creations on a theme
- You could collect all the ‘Junk’ you’re going to use prior to starting your project
Ideas to make your cartoons a little more interesting
- You could use more than one piece of junk in each creation
- Experiment with different types of printmaking
At the end of the month, why not make a little tour video of your creations (up to three minutes long) and send it to us?
With your permission, we may even feature your ‘junk’ on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!