Welcome to today’s art podcast, and today we’re going to chat about how our surroundings can affect our art. This could be anything from the music you play to how your art area looks.
This podcast is sponsored by Evolve. Evolve can teach anyone how to paint in a realism style to a professional level in a year. They offer online lessons, support and also provide the materials you need. To find out more sign up for a free masterclass at https://kickinthecreatives.com/evolvewebinar
We talk about
- Music and other noise – Tara talk about your experiment
- What about listening to inspirational talks – I used to do this when I painted
- Environment – Talk about when I did my studio out
- Others thrive only in a clean, calm and organised environment
- Some people thrive amongst chaos and mess
- Limiting your distractions. For example have your own space if possible
- You might want paintings you have done nearby to inspire and refer back to
- I used to hate coming into my art room as it reminded me of Graphic Design, but I have so much art stuff around me now that is going
- I have a book shelf with art books in my room that are nice to have a look through when I am unispires
- Pin board with positive feedback – we forget it so easily
Support us on Kofi
This week’s creative question
Q. Describe a real-life situation that has inspired your art in some way
The best answers will be read out on a future podcast.
You can Tweet us your answers @KickCreatives or let us know in the Facebook Group, which by the way if you haven’t already joined, I highly recommend that you do! We will put the question up there and also on the Facebook page… and of course, on our Instagram page @kickinthecreatives.
If you have any suggestions for the podcast or our challenges please feel free to get in touch.