Today’s guest is Carrie Brummer from www.artiststrong.com. Carrie was originally an art teacher in school but then moved into a more administrative position. She started a blog about art in her spare time and discovered that people all over the world wanted to learn to draw and paint. That blog later became known as www.artiststrong.com where Carrie formed a community and taught people to draw through her online courses.
Carrie talks about:
- Her journey to becoming an artist
- Her process of creating art – Carrie likes to include embroidery in her paintings
- How she switched from teaching art in school to teaching online
- How she started and developed her online community ‘Artist Strong’
- Tips for how you can improve your drawing or painting
- Tips on building a creative habit
The author that Carrie mentions who writes about putting aside a small amount of time a day is Sam Bennett. Her book is called “Get It Done: From Procrastination to Creative Genius in 15 Minutes a Day”
Find out more about Carrie Brummer
You can see more of Carrie’s paintings at her art website www.carriebrummer.com
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you use the link to make a purchase we will receive a very small commission, without any extra cost to you. This will help to support our website and podcast. Thank you so much.
We’ve now got a Youtube Channel where we put up a new Art Video every Sunday.
Subscribe to our channel and click the notifications bell to be alerted on all our new videos.