This podcast is a little different to our normal episodes in the fact that it’s an “Ask us Anything” Christmas Special. This is the second part of a two-parter, as we talked way too much for one episode!
You can find Part One here: Ep 50 Ask us Anything Christmas Special Part 1
For this special podcast, we invited you to ask us questions. They could be anything, art or creativity related, personal (thank you for keeping it clean!!!) or random things. And we got a bit of everything so there is a good mix and we hope you enjoy the show?
Here are the questions we answered in part 2
- What’s the difference between copyright/plagiarism/ and using an image you see on google or elsewhere for
- Is the Hokey Cokey really what it’s all about?
- What era and area would you travel to and who would you then study under/with?
- What do you do with all these random stuff we create my poems are contained easily but all these canvas tile mixed media paintings etc ? I am being overrun and don’t know what to do with it all
- What other artists do you most admire (voraciously envy the talent of) and why?
- I have a question about copyright. I understand pretty well about photos that are recent and will use sites like Pixabay or Unsplash. I will also share and share alike and give credit or use the proper licences. Where things get tricky is when using vintage photographs. I imagine, that where a photographer has been named there might still be copyright or at least credit should be given. What about where you don’ t know who the photographer is and the photo is over 50 years old? I really love old photos and would like to use them as references.
- My drawing and painting are getting better, but I still lack depth. I need more help working out tones and being able to see and use them better- can you brilliant ladies help a girl out?
- What inspired you to start kick in the creatives? It is an outstanding resource for me, and can’t thank you enough for the endless inspiration.
- If you can, should you?
- Favourite hot drink?
- Which inspires your creativity more, nature or man-made?
- Best way to deal with a cat that demands to sit on your artwork when you’re drawing it?
- Do you 2 ever have a stand-off? What happens when you do?
- What about the copyright of our art? We get to keep our name on it? I hope this makes sense…
- What do you do for fun?
- How are you able to find time for all you do, with managing KITC, your work, family, Art, etc.? (I’m in awe of how you both seem to fit everything in!)
- Where does KITC, plan to be – in 2021, and 2023?
Don’t forget to listen to Part 1 of the “Ask us Anything Christmas Special” which came out on 9h December. The normal podcast will resume on the 13th January and we also have some interesting guests coming up in the new year.
If you enjoy the podcast you can support us by buying us a coffee. We want to make a coffee froth moustache. Thank you!
If you have any suggestions for the podcast or our challenges please feel free to get in touch.
We’ve now got a Youtube Channel where we put up a new Art Video every Sunday.
Subscribe to our channel and click the notifications bell to be alerted on all our new videos.