Today’s guest is art journaling expert Caylee Grey from GetMessyart.com. Caylee is a South African artist living in Germany. We really wanted to have Caylee on the podcast as her mission is close to our hearts, to encourage people to have a regular creative practice.
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify | RSS
Caylee has a fascinating story of how she started art journaling as a challenge she set herself. This then turned into her full-time business. She teaches others how to journal and most of all to love the process of creating art. Her mission is to empower 10 000 people into a regular creative practice.
You can find the free Journaling starter course that Caylee mentions in the podcast at https://getmessyart.com/kick
Caylee talks about
- How and why did she first got started with journaling
- How her first journal pages made her feel
- That you don’t need to be good at drawing to art journal
- What she means by a phrase she uses – dancing naked in perfection’s face (and no it’s not rude, shut that dirty mind down now 🙄 )
- Why it’s important to enjoy the process and not worry about your art sucking especially at first.
- Tips for getting started with art journaling
- How her journaling challenge developed into her business
- Balancing a young child and family life with creative time and business and why it’s sometimes necessary to stick fake eyebrows on your baby🤣.
Find out more about Caylee Grey
- Instagram @getmessyartjournal
- Instagram @cayleegrey
If you enjoy the podcast you can support us by buying us a coffee. We want to make a coffee froth moustache. Thank you!