Today we are talking about fun things you can do with a creative friend. Art can be a solitary activity, but it needn’t always be that way. Particularly now we have the internet. More than ever before we can connect with other creative people and find fun things to do together without even having to meet! In fact, Sandra and I didn’t meet in person for at least a year. Before meeting in person, we had set each other fun challenges, like our “Does alcohol make you more creative challenge” (we talk a bit about it in the show). We had also recorded podcasts together and created the Kick in the Creatives Website and Facebook Group
We have plenty of suggestions for things you can do with a creative friend/s.
Some of the things we discuss:
- Sharing an art space/studio if you live nearby
- Taking a creative course together – either online or in-person
- Sketching trips and virtual sketching trips
- Drawing while your both online on video chat
- Going to a creative event together
- How you can teach each other things
- How you can encourage each other to experiment
- Art swaps – We have monthly postcard art swaps in our Facebook Group
- Creative collaborations
- Creating each other an art box – We talk about how we got on with the mystery art boxes that we created for each other
Plus we read out some of your great suggestions for fun things to do with creative friends
This is the website I was trying to remember where artists do collaborative painting www.collaborativepainting.uk
If you enjoy the podcast you can support us by buying us a coffee. We want to make a coffee froth moustache. Thank you!
This week’s creative question
Q. What’s the craziest creative thing you have ever done, or would like to do with a creative friend?
The best answers will be read out on the next joint podcast.
You can Tweet us your answers @KickCreatives or let us know in the Facebook Group, which by the way if you haven’t already joined, I highly recommend that you do! We will put the question up there and also on the facebook page… and of course, on our Instagram page @kickinthecreatives.
If you have any suggestions for the podcast or our challenges please feel free to get in touch.
We’ve now got a Youtube Channel where we put up a new Art Video every Sunday.
Subscribe to our channel and click the notifications bell to be alerted on all our new videos.