In today’s podcast, we are talking about the best ways to present your art. Not just our art, but ourselves as artists too. It can mean the difference between selling or not selling your work or just how your art is perceived by other people. You need to appear confident in what you do because if you’re not, nobody else will be. In fact, we clearly had so much to say about the whole topic of presenting your art that this ended up being part one of a two-parter.
Some of the things we discuss about presenting your artwork
- Why you should point out the elements in your art that you love, not the ones that you are unhappy with.
- Why it can be interesting to weave stories in with your art when you post them on social media.
- Some ideas for presenting your art on social media, both things we’ve tried and things that other artists do that we love
- Why if you are selling your art it’s important to present an accurate as possible representation of a painting online.
- How simple things like cropping in on an image and removing the scrappy edges of your sketchbook can make your social media images look better.
- Thoughts on presenting art at exhibitions
If you enjoy the podcast you can support us by buying us a coffee. We want to make a coffee froth moustache. Thank you!
If you have any suggestions for the podcast or our challenges please feel free to get in touch.
We’ve now got a Youtube Channel with Art Tutorials and Tips
Subscribe to our channel and click the notifications bell to be alerted on all our new videos.