Today’s episode is all about how to find creative ways to cope with isolation following the coronavirus outbreak. As well as the podcast we put together this bumper blog post with links to free creative courses, resources and ideas for things to do during the Coronavirus outbreak.
Since the news right now is overwhelmed with negativity, which is bringing all of us down, we want to suggest ways to help those people cope during that time… and possibly even make that isolation period change their lives for the better.
What if, instead of focussing on the negative aspect of having to isolate, although it’s difficult we try looking at the positive side to keep our spirits up? What if we all use that time to do something we have always wanted to, but never had the time because of work or other commitments? That could be anything from learning a new language to learning to paint and draw.
It is widely known that having some kind of creative outlet is good for our mental health, unlike isolation, which has the opposite effect altogether. So, creativity could be just the thing to counterbalance that negative effect.
Some of the things we discuss
- Some places to find free creative courses
- Ideas for starting online creative groups
- Ways to get many creative courses cheaper than they are advertised
- Creative Challenges you could take part in
- Preparing your art to sell for when things improves
- Making cards for people you love
- Taking part in an art postcard swap – start your own with friends or join our Facebook Group Postcard Swap
- Online portrait drawing with friends, one of our group members has been doing this
- Visiting a virtual gallery on your own or with a friend via the wonders of Skype and similar platforms
- Creative Collaboration ideas
- Podcast suggestions
If you enjoy the podcast you can support us by buying us a coffee. We want to make a coffee froth moustache. Thank you!
This week’s creative question
What creative things will you be doing during isolation?
The best answers will be read out on a future podcast.
You can Tweet us your answers @KickCreatives or let us know in the Facebook Group, which by the way if you haven’t already joined, I highly recommend that you do! We will put the question up there and also on the facebook page… and of course, on our Instagram page @kickinthecreatives.
If you have any suggestions for the podcast or our challenges please feel free to get in touch.
We’ve now got a Youtube Channel where we put up a new Art Video every Sunday.
Subscribe to our channel and click the notifications bell to be alerted on all our new videos.