Sandra demonstrates how to draw a face using a waterproof pen, brush ink and water. She starts with a waterproof Fineline pen to draw the basic shapes. Then to add shading and the hair she uses brushes with Quink Ink.
She is using a textured watercolour paper which gives a nice dry brush type effect for the hair. The ink is applied in a similar manner to watercolour using a brush. You can achieve soft effects by using a wet on wet technique.
For the highlights, Sandra leaves some areas of the drawing white. Then for additional highlights, she uses a white gel pen.
You might also want to check out our other video tutorials on how to draw faces and facial features
- Eye Drawing Tutorial for Beginners with Pencil
- How to Draw a Realistic Mouth for Beginners
- How to Draw a Realistic Nose Easy Step by Step for Beginners
- Drawing Teeth with Pencil Tutorial
- How to Draw Hair for Beginners – Curly or Straight Real or Cartoon
- Drawing Face Proportions Step by Step
We release a new Art Kick Sunday video every week. You can find them here
Don’t forget to Subscribe to our channel and click the notifications bell to be alerted on all our new videos.
If you would like to support us and help us cover the cost of website and podcast hosting, you can buy us a coffee. Thank you