Today’s creative guest is Deb Weiers from www.debweiersart.com @debweiersart. Deb is a mixed media artist based in Red Deer Canada who creates amazing semi-abstract faces. Her art is incredibly distinct and she uses a very intuitive approach to create her art. It was seeing Debs Faces that inspired me to try creating a few semi-abstract faces myself for our Abstract Art April Challenge.
In this podcast Deb talks about:
- Her background and how she got started with art
- How she got started painting faces, a subject that initially she didn’t like
- Her process for creating paintings starting with abstract marks
- How she developed her distinctive style and ideas for developing your own
- Her favourite art materials
- Selling her work via Instagram
The art class that got Deb into painting faces
Artists Deb admires
Deb has recently released a book featuring her work, called the Many Faces of Deb
Find out more about Deb Weiers
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you use the link to make a purchase we will receive a very small commission, without any extra cost to you. This will help to support our website and podcast. Thank you so much.
We’ve now got a Youtube Channel where we put up a new Art Video every Sunday.
Subscribe to our channel and click the notifications bell to be alerted on all our new videos.