Quick Kick August
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
For ‘Quick Kick August’ we are challenging you to create a drawing or painting every day on a non-white surface. It could be on toned or coloured paper, black paper or you could even paint a wash of colour on your page first and work over that.
See how different your drawing looks working over a different colour. Adding white gel pen or markers for highlights can create lovely effects too.
Free reference inspiration pdf to go with challenge
Get our free prompt and reference pdf by when you sign up for our newsletter
- You should create at least one drawing/painting a day on a non-white surface
- You can draw anything you want (we will provide optional prompts)
- Your drawing/painting should take no more than 15 minutes
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post (details are shown below) We might even feature you on our blog or podcast
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #QuickKickAugust
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your journal pages on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- Keep it simple. You could start with just a fineliner pen
- Don’t attempt anything too complex.
- Stop after 15 minutes.
Ideas to make your art a little more interesting
- You could create a multi-coloured background with watercolours or watered down acrylics
- You could work over a surface of torn paper of different colours
At the end of the month, why not make a little tour video of your creations (up to three minutes long) and send it to us?
With your permission, we may even feature your creations on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!