Quick Kick August Drawing Challenge
For our ‘Quick Kick August’ drawing challenge, we are challenging you to create a drawing or painting every day on toned or coloured paper. You could even paint a wash of colour on your page first and work over that.
See how different your drawing looks working over a different colour. Adding white gel pen or markers for highlights can create lovely effects too.
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
Keep up to date with our podcasts and art challenges by signing up for our newsletter
August Art Prompts (Optional)
- You should create at least one daily drawing or painting on a non-white surface
- You can draw anything you want (we will provide optional prompts)
- Your art should take no more than 15 minutes
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post (details are shown below) We might even feature you on our blog or podcast
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #QuickKickAugust
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your drawings on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make the challenge a little more manageable
- Keep it simple. You could start with just a fineliner pen
- Don’t attempt anything too complex.
- Stop after 15 minutes.
Drawing background ideas
- You could create a multi-coloured background with watercolours or watered down acrylics
- You could draw over a surface of torn paper of different colours
At the end of the month, why not make a little tour video of your drawings (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? With your permission, we may even feature your creations on our site!
And if you know any other artists who might also enjoy this drawing challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other August Challenges
For our August art challenge we are challenging you to create and share a piece of animal art, every day throughout the month. Your art can be in any medium and created in 2D, 3D or digital
For this August painting challenge, we are challenging you to paint using only 3 primary colours plus white every day. This challenge will help you with colour mixing as you learn how to make all the colours in your image with a limited palette.