31 Animals August Art Challenge
For this August art challenge, ‘31 Animals August’, we are challenging you to create and share a piece of animal art, every day for 31 days throughout the month.
Keep up to date with our podcasts and art challenges by signing up for our newsletter
August 2022 Animal Art Prompts (Optional)
- HAVE FUN!!!
- Your art can be in any medium and created in 2D, 3D or digital
- You should complete and post one piece of daily art throughout August
- You should not post old art. Only post work created during the challenge
- Don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your animal drawings on our blog!
Tips to make the challenge more manageable
- If you are working from animal reference photos, have them all ready in advance
- If time is an issue, you can always cheat a little! You can create several pieces of art in one day and post them over the following days. As long as all of your work is created during the month of August, that’s all that matters.
Ideas to make your animal art a little more interesting
- Try using collage elements in your art
- Experiment with different media or mixed media
- Create your own unique animals, never before seen on planet earth!
At the end of the month, why not make a little video tour of your creations (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? With your permission, we may even feature your video on our site!
And if you know any other artists who might also enjoy this animal art challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other August Challenges
For our ‘Quick Kick August’ drawing challenge, we are challenging you to create a drawing or painting every day on toned or coloured paper. You could even paint a wash of colour on your page first and work over that.
For this August painting challenge, we are challenging you to paint using only 3 primary colours plus white every day. This challenge will help you with colour mixing as you learn how to make all the colours in your image with a limited palette.