31 Animals August
This month we are bringing back the popular creative challenge, ‘31 Animals August’
We are challenging you to create and share a piece of animal art, every day for 31 days throughout the month of August.
Free reference inspiration pdf to go with challenge
Get our free prompt and reference pdf by when you sign up for our newsletter
- HAVE FUN!!!
- Your art can be in any medium and created in 2D, 3D or digital
- You should complete and post one piece of art every day throughout the month of August
- You should not post old work. Only post work created during the challenge
- Don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your animal art on our blog!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- If you are working from photo’s, have them all ready in advance
- If time is an issue, you can always cheat a little! You can create several pieces of art in one day and post them over the following days. As long as all of your work is created during the month of August, that’s all that matters.
Ideas to make your animal art a little more interesting
- Try using collage elements in your art
- Experiment with different media or mixed media
- Create your own unique animals, never before seen on planet earth!
At the end of the month, why not make a little video tour of your creations (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? With your permission, we may even feature your video on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other August Challenges
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day. For ‘Quick Kick August’ we are challenging you to create a drawing or painting every day on a non-white surface.
KickTime is our challenge designed for those creatives who would prefer to sink their teeth into one big project over the whole month, rather than to take part in lots of smaller ones. It’s designed to inspire any kind of creative project a story, a poem, a piece of art, a piece of music, the list is endless!
Do you find it hard to find time for your creative pursuit? Are you simply too tired at the end of the day? Then this is the challenge for you! We are challenging you to get up one hour earlier than you usually would, every single day throughout the month of August