Kick Collage Art Challenge
For our collage art challenge, we are challenging you to experiment with collage in your work every day throughout November. You can complete the entire piece of art using images you’ve cut or torn out or using elements you’ve found. Alternatively, you could create a daily drawing or painting over your collaged elements.
When creating a piece of art using collage, you will find that tone is far more important than colour. Collage is a fun way of learning to understand just how important the contrast between your darks and lights really is in a piece of art.
Keep up to date with our podcasts and art challenges by signing up for our newsletter
Optional November Art Prompts
Tips to make the challenge more manageable
- Don’t attempt a complex collage, unless you want to of course.
- If you prefer to spend longer on each collage, you could spend a little time each day of a more detailed piece of work.
- Collect your torn elements in advance and separate them into tones; so darks, lights and mid-tones. You will find that as long as the tones are right, your collage will work regardless of the colours used.
Ideas to make your collages a little more interesting
- Experiment with different papers and collage elements, such as stamps, old shopping lists, letters, an old novel, music sheets, wrapping paper, magazine cuttings, post-it notes… The list is endless!
- Try working over the top of your collage with different mediums. Use transparent pigments so that all, or parts of your collage remain visible,
- Try introducing different textures, such as fabric or corrugated card.
At the end of the month, why not make a little video (up to three minutes long) of your collage and send it to us? Or just email us some of your favourite ones. With your permission, we may even feature your work on our site
We can not wait to see your daily art!
And if you know any other artists who might also enjoy this art challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other November Challenges
For this figure drawing challenge, we are challenging you to sketch a figure, every day throughout November. By drawing a body pose every day, you will quickly become familiar with figure drawing proportions
For this November Daily Drawing Challenge, we are challenging you to draw with a brush and ink/paint WITHOUT using a pen or pencil first. “Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
#NaNonFiWriMo is a challenged hosted at www.writenonfictionnow.com Also known as WNFIN (Write Non-fiction in November), you are challenged to start and complete a work of non-fiction during the 30 days of November. So, pick up that pen and get writing!
NaNoWriMo is a challenged hosted at www.nanowrimo.org Have you always wanted to write a novel, but have just never got around to it? You are challenged to write a 50,000 word novel (first draft, ready to edit) by 11.59pm on November the 30th. That’s 1,667 words per day!