Quick Kick November Drawing Challenge
Our Quick Kick November drawing challenge is to create a daily drawing with a brush and ink (or paint if you don’t have ink) WITHOUT using a pen or pencil first. By getting straight in there with a brush, you can simplify your drawings and experiment with creating different marks to add interest and texture to your work.
You can draw anything you like, but we will also supply optional art prompts for you to use if you prefer.
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
Keep up to date with our podcasts and art challenges by signing up for our newsletter
November Drawing Prompts 2021 (Optional)
Drawing Challenge Guidelines
- You should create a daily drawing for this challenge.
- You should aim to complete your drawing in one session of 15 minutes or less. This ensures that you notice the important elements of the subject and that you don’t get lost in detail
- We will provide optional drawing prompts, but feel free to do your own thing
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post (details are shown below) We might even link back to your best picture on our own!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #QuickKickNovember
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your drawings on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make the challenge a little more manageable
- Draw something that’s not too complex.
- Stop after 15 minutes.
Ideas to make your drawings a little more interesting
- You could prepare your paper or sketchbook in advance with a wash of colour
- Play with different brushes to see what sort of marks you can make
- Experiment with the pressure of your brush. By brushing with only the pointed tip, you can achieve a really fine line. By pressing down on the brush, you will produce thicker, bolder marks.
- Try drawing on coloured, tinted or toned paper
- Try using different coloured inks or paints
At the end of the month, why not make a little tour video of your drawings (up to three minutes long) and send it to us?
With your permission, we may even feature your creations on our site!
And if you know any other artists who might also enjoy this drawing challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other November Art Challenges
For this figure drawing challenge, we are challenging you to sketch a figure, every day throughout November. By drawing a body pose every day, you will quickly become familiar with figure drawing proportions
This November, join us for our collage challenge. Whether you are a beginner artist or experienced with collage. You can complete the entire piece of art using images you’ve cut or torn. Alternatively, draw or paint over collage.
#NaNonFiWriMo is a challenged hosted at www.writenonfictionnow.com Also known as WNFIN (Write Non-fiction in November), you are challenged to start and complete a work of non-fiction during the 30 days of November. So, pick up that pen and get writing!
NaNoWriMo is a challenged hosted at www.nanowrimo.org Have you always wanted to write a novel, but have just never got around to it? You are challenged to write a 50,000 word novel (first draft, ready to edit) by 11.59pm on November the 30th. That’s 1,667 words per day!