Quick Kick November
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
For ‘Quick Kick November’ we are challenging you to draw with a brush and ink (or paint if you don’t have ink) WITHOUT using a pen or pencil first, every day throughout the month of November. By getting straight in there with a brush, you can simplify your drawings and experiment with creating different marks to add interest and texture to your work.
You can draw anything you like, but we will also supply optional prompts for you to use if you prefer.
- You should create one drawing every day
- You should aim to complete your sketch in one session of 15 minutes or less. This ensures that you notice the important elements of the subject and that you don’t get lost in detail
- We will provide optional prompts, but feel free to do your own thing
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post (details are shown below) We might even link back to your best picture on our own!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #QuickKickNovember
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your journal pages on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- Draw something that’s not too complex.
- Stop after 15 minutes.
Ideas to make your art a little more interesting
- You could prepare your paper in advance with a wash of colour
- Play with different brushes to see what sort of marks you can make
- Experiment with the pressure of your brush. By brushing with only the pointed tip, you can achieve a really fine line. By pressing down on the brush, you will produce thicker, bolder marks.
- Try working on toned, coloured or tinted paper
- Try using different coloured inks or paints
At the end of the month, why not make a little tour video of your creations (up to three minutes long) and send it to us?
With your permission, we may even feature your creations on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other November Challenges
Introducing our challenge ‘Kick Collage’. We are challenging you to experiment with collage in your work every day throughout November. You can complete the entire piece of art using images you’ve cut or torn. Alternatively, draw or paint over collage.
This month we are introducing ‘Linovember’ We are challenging you to do some printmaking and create a series lino prints during the month of November. And if you don’t have all the kit for lino printing, try experimenting with other materials!
#NaNonFiWriMo is a challenged hosted at www.writenonfictionnow.com Also known as WNFIN (Write Non-fiction in November), you are challenged to start and complete a work of non-fiction during the 30 days of November. So, pick up that pen and get writing!
NaNoWriMo is a challenged hosted at www.nanowrimo.org Have you always wanted to write a novel, but have just never got around to it? You are challenged to write a 50,000 word novel (first draft, ready to edit) by 11.59pm on November the 30th. That’s 1,667 words per day!