#NaNonFiWriMo (WNFIN) is a challenge hosted at www.writenonfictionnow.com
Also known as WNFIN (Write Non-fiction in November), you are challenged to start and complete a work of non-fiction during the 30 days of November.
So, pick up that pen and get writing!
- For the best experience, it’s a good idea to register for the challenge on the NaNonFiWriMo site. This ensures that you are kept up to date with any important notices relating to the challenge.
- Please “Like” the WNFIN Facebook Page. This is where you can engage with other participants and ask any questions you may have. It’s also a good place to be for accountability purposes!
- It’s also a good idea to subscribe to the WNFIN blog, to receive updates in your email box every Wednesday during November.
- Your writing must be non-fiction. It can be a book, an article, an essay, a book proposal, or a manifesto…
5. If you choose to also share your experience on Social Media, don’t forget to link back to @NaNonFiWriMo
The tag you should use on social media is
And if you found the challenge through this site, don’t forget to link back to us too (details shown below). With your permission, we may even link back to your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtag
#kickinthecreatives and #NaNonFiWriMo
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also talk about your experience on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- The key to successfully completing the challenge lies with preparation. You can join the WNFIN ‘preparation program’ to maximise your chance of completing your project. By joining, you will receive tips, support, checklists and even coaching sessions to help you along the way!
- Decide in advance what you want to write about.
- Decide in advance roughly how many words you want to write. With this in mind you can divide that number by 30 and work out how many words per day you will need to write.
You can find out more about the challenge in the following places
Other November Challenges
Introducing our challenge ‘Kick Collage’. We are challenging you to experiment with collage in your work every day throughout November. You can complete the entire piece of art using images you’ve cut or torn. Alternatively, draw or paint over collage.
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day. For ‘Quick Kick November’ we are challenging you to draw with a brush and ink/paint WITHOUT using a pen or pencil first, every day throughout the month.
This month we are introducing ‘Linovember’ We are challenging you to do some printmaking and create a series lino prints during the month of November. And if you don’t have all the kit for lino printing, try experimenting with other materials!
NaNoWriMo is a challenged hosted at www.nanowrimo.org Have you always wanted to write a novel, but have just never got around to it? You are challenged to write a 50,000 word novel (first draft, ready to edit) by 11.59pm on November the 30th. That’s 1,667 words per day!