As Artists, we are often asked questions/statements that can really ruffle our feathers. And when Jackie Poulouktsi who is in our Facebook Group messaged us to vent a couple of questions that frustrate her, we thought of a lot of other ones we could add to the list.
We start with the two statements that really frustrate Jackie:
- You’re so talented – when they think it just comes effortlessly without hours of practice.
- I could never do that, ‘I’m just not artistic – which is sad. I am sure if some of the people who said this took the time they would be surprised what they could achieve over a few months.
So some of the other frustrating things that people say to artists and creatives are
- ‘But it’s just a little hobby, isn’t it?’ – Sandra’s personal hate
- And Tara’s designer pet peeve is when a client says “Well you’re the designer!” when they don’t know what they want and can’t be bothered to write a brief
- Can you please do a ‘quick’ sketch of my house/kids?
But it doesn’t stop there. I am sure we will mention some of the things that people have said to you as artists that drive you insane. And if we didn’t, then drop a comment below and tell us about it. We didn’t ask you before because you know how much we waffle and the episode would have been 3 hours long!
If you enjoy the podcast you can support us by buying us a coffee. We want to make a coffee froth moustache. Thank you!
This week’s creative question
Have you ever been embarrassed to show your art? If so, why?
The best answers will be read out on a future podcast.
You can Tweet us your answers @KickCreatives or let us know in the Facebook Group, which by the way if you haven’t already joined, I highly recommend that you do! We will put the question up there and also on the facebook page… and of course, on our Instagram page @kickinthecreatives.
If you have any suggestions for the podcast or our challenges please feel free to get in touch.
We’ve now got a Youtube Channel where we put up a new Art Video every Sunday.
Subscribe to our channel and click the notifications bell to be alerted on all our new videos.