Introducing our fun new challenge ‘Creeptober’.
We are challenging you to create something ‘creepy’ every single day throughout October.
You can create anything you like, from a pumpkin carving to a drawing, a painting, a poem, a creepy story, a scary photo, or a spooky sculpture… And you can even mix it up to keep it interesting!
You can create anything you like, but we will also provide optional prompts for you to use if you prefer.
- You should create and share something spooky every single day
- You can mix and match your creations
- We will provide optional prompts, but feel free to do your own thing
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post (details are shown below) We might even link back to your best picture on our own!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #Creeptober
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your abstract art on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- Try planning in advance what you are going to do each day, so you can have your materials ready
- If time is short, keep it simple
Ideas to make your poem a little more interesting
- Try thinking outside the box
- You can mix up your creations… Perhaps one day you will write a creepy poem, and the next you’ll sculpt a little monster!
- Have some fun!
At the end of the month, why not make a little video (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or send us some photos of your favourites. With your permission, we may even feature your video on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other October Challenges
We are challenging you to write and share a poem every day throughout April! You can write a poem about any topic you like, but we’ll provide optional prompts if you need them.read more
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day. For ‘Quick Kick October’ we are challenging you to pick just ONE subject and sketch it every single day throughout the month.read more
KickTime is our brand new monthly challenge designed for those creatives who would prefer to sink their teeth into one big project over the whole month, rather than to take part in lots of smaller ones. It’s designed to inspire any kind of creative project a story, a poem, a piece of art, a piece of music, the list is endless!read more
‘Sculptober’ was founded in 2014 by, Dragons and Beasties, Tumble Creatures and Little Fat Dragons. Every October, sculptors take on the challenge of creating something each day based on a daily theme. To join in the fun, you can request to join their Facebook Group.read more
Every October Jake Parker challenges artists all over the world to create one ink drawing a day for the entire month. Jake originally created Inktober back in 2009 to improve his inking skills and develop a positive drawing habit and the challenge snowballed from there.read more