Creeptober Halloween October Art Challenge
Join in with our October art challenge that has a Halloween theme, ‘Creeptober’.
We are challenging you to create something ‘creepy’ every single day throughout October.
You can create anything you like, from a pumpkin carving to a drawing, a painting, write a poem, a creepy story, a scary photo, or a spooky sculpture… And you can even mix it up to keep it interesting!
Keep up to date with our podcasts and art challenges by signing up for our newsletter
Optional Art Prompts 2022
- You should create and share a halloween themed piece of art every single day
- You can mix and match your creations
- We will provide optional prompts, but feel free to do your own thing
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post (details are shown below) We might even link back to your best picture on our own!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #Creeptober
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your Halloween art on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make the Halloween art challenge more manageable
- Try planning in advance what you are going to create each day, so you can have your materials ready
- If time is short, keep it simple
Ideas to make your art a little more interesting
- You can mix up your creations… Perhaps one day you will write a creepy poem, and the next you’ll sculpt a little monster!
- Have some fun!
At the end of the month, why not make a little video (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or send us some photos of your favourites. With your permission, we may even feature your video on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this halloween challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
November Art Challenges
And don’t forget to check out the art challenges for November. Click here to find out what’s next!
Other October Art Challenges
October Poet – Poetry Challenge
We are challenging you to write and share a poem every day throughout April! You can write a poem about any topic you like, but we’ll provide optional prompts if you need them.
Quick Kick October Sketch Challenge
For our October sketch challenge, we are challenging you to pick just ONE subject and sketch it every day. It can be any subject you want. “Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
‘Sculptober’ was founded in 2014 by, Dragons and Beasties, Tumble Creatures and Little Fat Dragons. Every October, sculptors take on the challenge of creating something each day based on a daily theme. To join in the fun, you can request to join their Facebook Group.
Every October Jake Parker challenges artists all over the world to create one ink drawing a day for the entire month. Jake originally created Inktober back in 2009 to improve his inking skills and develop a positive drawing habit and the challenge snowballed from there.
And don’t forget to check out the challenges for November. Click here to find out what’s next!