October Poet – Poetry Challenge
For our October poetry challenge, we are challenging you to write and share a daily poem throughout the month.
Keep up to date with all our art challenges by signing up for our newsletter
Optional Poetry Prompts 2021
Poetry Challenge Guidelines
- Write a poem a day in October for the challenge.
- You can write poetry about any topic you like, but we’ll provide optional creative prompts if you need them.
- If you choose to share your poems on social media, don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details are shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #OctoberPoet
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your poems on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make the challenge a little more manageable
- You could decide a theme for all of your poems in advance
- You could write short poems if time is an issue, or simply write a verse each day
Ideas to make your poems look more interesting
- You could try making poems from words you cut out of magazines or newspapers.
- You could create a drawing or take a photo to go with your poem
- You could use calligraphy to write your poem
- You could decorate the page around your poem
At the end of the month, why not make a little video of your daily poems (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or send us some photos of your favourites. With your permission, we may even feature your video on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this poetry challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other October Challenges
Creeptober is our Halloween inspired October Art Challenge. You can create anything you like, from a pumpkin carving, to a drawing, a painting, a poem, a creepy story, a scary photo, or a spooky sculpture…
For our October sketch challenge, we are challenging you to pick just ONE subject and sketch it every day. It can be any subject you want. “Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
‘Sculptober’ was founded in 2014 by, Dragons and Beasties, Tumble Creatures and Little Fat Dragons. Every October, sculptors take on the challenge of creating something each day based on a daily theme. To join in the fun, you can request to join their Facebook Group.
Every October Jake Parker challenges artists all over the world to create one ink drawing a day for the entire month. Jake originally created Inktober back in 2009 to improve his inking skills and develop a positive drawing habit and the challenge snowballed from there.