For the poets out there, this month we are introducing our poetry challenge, ‘October Poet’’
We are challenging you to write and share a poem every day throughout October.
- Write a poem every day in October
- You can write a poem about any topic you like, but we’ll provide optional prompts if you need them.
- If you choose to share your work on social media, don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details are shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #OctoberPoet
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your abstract art on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- You could decide a theme for all of your poems in advance
- You could write short poems if time is an issue, or simply write a verse each day
Ideas to make your poem a little more interesting
- You could try making poems from words you cut out of magazines or newspapers.
- You could create a drawing or take a photo to go with your poem
- You could use calligraphy to write your poem
- You could decorate the page around your poem
At the end of the month, why not make a little video (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or send us some photos of your favourites. With your permission, we may even feature your video on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other October Challenges
We are challenging you to create something ‘creepy’ every day throughout October. You can create anything you like, from a pumpkin carving, to a drawing, a painting, a poem, a creepy story, a scary photo, or a spooky sculpture…
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day. For ‘Quick Kick October’ we are challenging you to pick just ONE subject and sketch it every single day throughout the month.
‘Sculptober’ was founded in 2014 by, Dragons and Beasties, Tumble Creatures and Little Fat Dragons. Every October, sculptors take on the challenge of creating something each day based on a daily theme. To join in the fun, you can request to join their Facebook Group.
Every October Jake Parker challenges artists all over the world to create one ink drawing a day for the entire month. Jake originally created Inktober back in 2009 to improve his inking skills and develop a positive drawing habit and the challenge snowballed from there.