Aprilyrics Poetry Challenge
If you’re a poet or songwriter you’ll love this April poetry challenge. We are challenging you to write lyrics or poetry every day that you can optionally make into a song.
Keep up to date with all our art challenges by signing up for our newsletter
- Write a daily poem or lyrics throughout April
- You can write lyrics about any topic you like, but we’ll provide optional prompts if you need them.
- If you choose to share your work on social media, don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details are shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #Aprilyrics
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your poems on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make the challenge more manageable
- You could decide a theme for all of your poems in advance
- If time is an issue you could write a verse each day
Ideas to make your poems a little more interesting
- You could try making poems from words you cut out of magazines or newspapers.
- You could make up a tune to go with your lyrics
At the end of the month, why not make a little video (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or send us some photos of your favourites. With your permission, we may even feature your video on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this poetry challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other April Challenges
Join us for a drawing challenge to create a daily continuous line drawing throughout the month of April. You can use any medium you like including digital as long as your pen (or other medium) does not leave the paper.
NaPoWriMo is a poetry challenge hosted by Maureen Thorson at www.napowrimo.net You are challenged to write a poem a day throughout the month of April. You can keep your poems for yourself or share them with the world. It’s up to you! Starting on April 1st, you should…
This challenge is hosted by Elle Luna at www.the100dayproject.org and starts sometime in April (the date varies from year to year). It was inspired by a Yale School of Art Workshop created by Michael Bierut for his graduate graphic design students…
We are challenging you to create an abstract painting, every day throughout the month of April. If you have never painted anything abstract before, you could try looking at everyday things very close-up. What shapes do you notice? How could you use those shapes to make…