Quick Kick April
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
For ‘Quick Kick April’ we are challenging you to create a continuous line drawing every day throughout the month of April. You can use any medium you like including digital as long as your pen (or other medium) does not leave the paper.
An exercise like this when practiced regularly, is really beneficial for your hand-eye coordination.
- You should create one continuous line drawing every day.
- We will provide optional prompts, but feel free to do your own thing
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post (details are shown below) We might even link back to your best picture on our own!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #QuickKickApril
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your abstract art on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- Don’t try to draw anything too complex, unless of course, you want to.
- Keep a sketchbook with you so you can draw when you get spare time.
- Stop after 15 minutes.
Ideas to make your paintings a little more interesting
- You could always prepare your paper in advance with collage or a wash
- Try experimenting with different mediums
At the end of the month, why not make a little video (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or send us some photos of your favourite drawings. With your permission, we may even feature your video on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other April Challenges
KickTime is our brand new monthly challenge designed for those creatives who would prefer to sink their teeth into one big project over the whole month, rather than to take part in lots of smaller ones. It’s designed to inspire any kind of creative project a story, a poem, a piece of art, a piece of music, the list is endless!
We are challenging you to write lyrics/a poem every day throughout April! You can write about any topic you like, but we’ll provide optional prompts if you need them.
NaPoWriMo is a poetry challenge hosted by Maureen Thorson at www.napowrimo.net You are challenged to write a poem a day throughout the month of April. You can keep your poems for yourself or share them with the world. It’s up to you! Starting on April 1st, you should…
This challenge is hosted by Elle Luna at www.the100dayproject.org and starts sometime in April (the date varies from year to year). It was inspired by a Yale School of Art Workshop created by Michael Bierut for his graduate graphic design students…
We are challenging you to create an abstract painting, every day throughout the month of April. If you have never painted anything abstract before, you could try looking at everyday things very close-up. What shapes do you notice? How could you use those shapes to make…