Quick Kick April
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
For ‘Quick Kick April’ we are challenging you to create a continuous line drawing every day throughout the month of April. You can use any medium you like including digital as long as your pen (or other medium) does not leave the paper.
An exercise like this when practiced regularly, is really beneficial for your hand-eye coordination.
- You should create one continuous line drawing every day.
- We will provide optional prompts, but feel free to do your own thing
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post (details are shown below) We might even link back to your best picture on our own!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #QuickKickApril
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your abstract art on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- Don’t try to draw anything too complex, unless of course, you want to.
- Keep a sketchbook with you so you can draw when you get spare time.
- Stop after 15 minutes.
Ideas to make your paintings a little more interesting
- You could always prepare your paper in advance with collage or a wash
- Try experimenting with different mediums
At the end of the month, why not make a little video (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or send us some photos of your favourite drawings. With your permission, we may even feature your video on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!