#NaPoWriMo is a poetry challenge hosted by Maureen Thorson at www.napowrimo.net
You are challenged to write a poem a day throughout the month of April.
- You can keep your poems for yourself or share them with the world. It’s up to you!
- Starting on April 1st, you should aim to write a poem every day throughout the month
- If you choose to post your work on social media, you can submit your website to be included amongst the other NaPoWriMo participants.
- If you choose to also share your experience on Social Media, don’t forget to link back to @NaPoWriMo
The tag you should use on social media are:
@NaPoWriMo @napowrimo #napowrimo
And if you found the challenge through this site, don’t forget to link back to us too (details shown below).
With your permission, we may even link back to your novel on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtag
#kickinthecreatives and #NaPoWriMo
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also talk about your experience on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- You could have a theme prepared in advance
- You should set yourself some time aside each day, like you would an appointment to make things a little easier
- You could ‘talk’ your poem into your smartphone or tablet, perhaps while you are soaking in a nice relaxing bubble bath, or walking the dog!
- You can write anything you like, or to make things a little easier, you can refer to the list of prompts on the NaPoWriMo site.
Tips to make things a little more interesting
- You could invest in a lovely notepad solely for the purpose of your poetry
- You could even illustrate your poems
You can find out more about the challenge in the following places
Other April Challenges
For this drawing challenge, we are challenging you to sketch or draw, using only ink, every day throughout April. By going in directly with ink, you will learn to make decisive marks, embrace your mistakes and enjoy new energy in your drawings
We are challenging you to create an abstract painting, every day throughout the month of April. If you have never painted anything abstract before, you could try looking at everyday things very close-up. What shapes do you notice? How could you use those shapes to make…
Join us for a drawing challenge to create a daily continuous line drawing throughout the month of April. You can use any medium you like including digital as long as your pen (or other medium) does not leave the paper.
This challenge is hosted by Elle Luna at www.the100dayproject.org and starts sometime in April (the date varies from year to year). It was inspired by a Yale School of Art Workshop created by Michael Bierut for his graduate graphic design students…