#NaPoWriMo is a poetry challenge hosted by Maureen Thorson at www.napowrimo.net
You are challenged to write a poem a day throughout the month of April.
- You can keep your poems for yourself or share them with the world. It’s up to you!
- Starting on April 1st, you should aim to write a poem every day throughout the month
- If you choose to post your work on social media, you can submit your website to be included amongst the other NaPoWriMo participants.
- If you choose to also share your experience on Social Media, don’t forget to link back to @NaPoWriMo
The tag you should use on social media are:
@NaPoWriMo @napowrimo #napowrimo
And if you found the challenge through this site, don’t forget to link back to us too (details shown below).
With your permission, we may even link back to your novel on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtag
#kickinthecreatives and #NaPoWriMo
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also talk about your experience on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- You could have a theme prepared in advance
- You should set yourself some time aside each day, like you would an appointment to make things a little easier
- You could ‘talk’ your poem into your smartphone or tablet, perhaps while you are soaking in a nice relaxing bubble bath, or walking the dog!
- You can write anything you like, or to make things a little easier, you can refer to the list of prompts on the NaPoWriMo site.
Tips to make things a little more interesting
- You could invest in a lovely notepad solely for the purpose of your poetry
- You could even illustrate your poems
You can find out more about the challenge in the following places