For Doodling December’ We are challenging you to create a doodle a day for the month of December.
The great thing about doodling is it allows you the freedom to create anything without being precious about it. You can create shapes and squiggles, faces, characters, something festive, anything you like. A few things you could try are:
- Creating a random squiggle and then see what you can make from it
- Try doodling something without taking your pen off the paper.
- Try filling your doodles with different patterns – dot, hearts, stripes etc
- The only rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
- You should complete and post one doodle a day
- Although doodles are often done in pen, feel free to experiment
- Don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- You could choose a theme for your doodles, for examples doodle monsters or floral doodles.
- The great thing about doodling is that you can do it while multitasking. You can doodle while on the phone, while watching TV, while in a queue… So it doesn’t even have to take up any extra time!
Ideas to make your doodles a little more interesting
- Try doodling on different coloured papers or on top of old printed materials
- You don’t just have to doodle with a black pen, try white on black paper or different colours
- Try adding a wash of colour to your doodles
At the end of the month why not make a little video tour of your doodles (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or send us some photo’s of your favourites. With your permission we may even feature your video on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other December Challenges
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day. For ‘Quick Kick December’ we are challenging you to to sketch something ‘festive’ every day throughout the month.
We are challenging you to create and share a piece of digital art, every day throughout the month of December. Your piece of art can be made using any digital tool you like, including the following: a camera, any computer software, a video camera, a tablet