Doodling December – Doodle Challenge
For our December doodle challenge – Doodling December, we are challenging you to create a doodle a day. The great thing about doodling is it allows you the freedom to create anything without being precious about it.
Keep up to date with all our art challenges by signing up for our newsletter
You can create shapes and squiggles, faces, characters, something festive, anything you like. A few things you could try are:
- Creating a random squiggle and then see what you can make from it
- Try doodling something without taking your pen off the paper.
- Try filling your doodles with different patterns – dot, hearts, stripes etc
- The only rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
- You should complete and post one doodle a day
- Although doodles are often done in pen, feel free to experiment
- Don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
Tips to make the doodle challenge more manageable
- You could choose a theme for your doodle challenge, for examples doodle monsters or floral doodles.
- The great thing about doodling is that you can do it while multitasking. You can doodle while on the phone, while watching TV, while in a queue… So it doesn’t even have to take up any extra time!
Ideas to make your doodles a little more interesting
- Try doodling on different coloured papers or on top of old printed materials
- You don’t just have to doodle with a black pen, try white on black paper or different colours
- Try adding a wash of colour to your doodles
At the end of the December why not make a little video tour of your challenge doodles (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or send us some photo’s of your favourites. With your permission we may even feature your video on our site!
And if you know any other artists who might also enjoy this doodle art challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other December Art Challenges
For our ‘Quick Kick December’ drawing challenge we are challenging you to create a daily festive drawing. By sketching on a daily basis, your drawing skills will steadily improve.
For this December Art Challenge we invite you to create daily digital art. Your piece of art can be made using any digital tool you like, including the following: a camera, any computer software, a video camera, a tablet