Today’s podcast is all about our favourite art materials as well as some of the ones our guests have mentioned to us along the way. We’d love you to share the art materials you love in the comments too. Everyone loves new art stuff don’t they!
Art Materials we mention in the show
Please note that some of the links are affiliate links, so if you decide to buy using our link we get a small commission. Thank you for your support.
Pencils for Art
- Stabilo All Black Pencil – writes on most surfaces
- Pentel Graph Gear 1000 Mechanical Drafting Pencil 0.7mm
- Derwent Graphitone – Water Soluble graphite pencils
- Conte Pastel Pencils H – Art and Illustrator Chris Ridell loves these as mentioned in episode 72
- Pigma Sensei waterproof pens
- Paper Mate Flair Felt Tip Pen – black
- Pentel Brush Pen – which Laura Frankstone also mentions in Episode 63
- Platinum Carbon Pen
- Lamy-Safari Broad Nib and Lamy Joy Calligraphy Pen
- Sailor Fude Fountain Pen
- Zig Cartoonist Dip Pen
- Lami Ink as is water soluble
- Noodlers Ink as is water resistant but won’t clog your pen
- Higgins black magic works well with a dip pen too and is water resistant
- Quink Ink for washes
Other Artists’ Paints and Mediums
- Neocolor 2
- Inktense blocks
- Gamblin brand of oil paints and mediums
- Old Holland Oil Paints are mentioned by Kevin Murphy in episode 73
- White Nights Watercolours
Paper and Surfaces
- Seawhite sketchbooks
- Canson Imagine mixed media paper smooth
- Daler Rowney Artboards
- Pink Pig watercolour sketchbooks
- Stillman & Birn Alpha Series
- Canson XL Sketchbook
- Belle Ari fine linen canvas
Art Tools and Gadgets
- kids brushes set
- Da Vinci Travel Watercolour Brush
- Double ended metal pencil holders – the ends are big enough to hold neocolors and some oil pastels
- Light box
- Spray bottle – To charge watercolours
- Wrist sweat band, to wipe brush
- Shaving brush
- Sketching stool (Lesfit)
- Camping cushion
This week’s creative question
Q. What is your favourite art material and why?
The best answers will be read out on a future podcast.
You can Tweet us your answers @KickCreatives or let us know in the Facebook Group, which by the way if you haven’t already joined, I highly recommend that you do! We will put the question up there and also on the facebook page… and of course, on our Instagram page @kickinthecreatives.
If you have any suggestions for the podcast or our challenges please feel free to get in touch.
We’ve now got a Youtube Channel where we put up a new Art Video every Sunday.
Subscribe to our channel and click the notifications bell to be alerted on all our new videos.