Today’s guest is Kevin Murphy from Evolve. Kevin is an internationally recognized award-winning portrait painter and illustrator. Kevin created nearly 250 commercial illustrations for such major entities as: The Rolling Stones, National Geographic, Lucas Arts and Barnes and Nobel
Kevin is the co-founder of Evolve. Evolve is a platform that can teach anyone how to paint in a realism style in a year or less. You can check out the free painting masterclass webinar Kevin mentions by going to KickintheCreatives.com/EvolveWebinar
Click here to get a time sensitive discount off the Evolve program.
Please note that Kick in the Creatives are an affiliate of Evolve. So not only will you get a time sensitive discount if you decide to purchase the Evolve Artist Program, but KITC will also get a commission which will help us to continue doing what we do. Thank you for your support.
Kevin talks about
- His fascinating journey into art and the incredible lengths he went to fulfil his dream of being a professional artist.
- Some of the amazing projects he has worked on, including being asked to do a cover for a Rolling Stones Album
- Starting his own physical art school
- How anyone can learn to paint, given the right knowledge and practice and how Evolve can speed that process up
- How he started teaching his oil painting process online when he co-founded Evolve with Mitch Bowler (Pencil Kings)
- Why he recommends learning oil painting over any other medium first
- Why value and edge are the foundations for all art, how this works and why it’s important
- What art students can do with their realism painting skills. He also talks about how some of his students are already making money from their art, including through selling their course paintings
Some before and After Evolve Student Work
Find out more about Kevin and Evolve