Styluary – February Art Styles Challenge
For this art styles challenge, we are challenging you to be inspired by the style of a famous artist, every day throughout February. We don’t mean, to ‘copy’ a painting, but rather create a painting of your own, inspired by the style of the artist.
Perhaps you enjoy the sweeping energy of those unmistakable Van Gogh strokes. Or maybe, you fancy emulating Picasso’s cubist style? Whatever the style you choose to inspire you, just be sure to tell us which artists style you were inspired by.
Keep up to date with our podcasts and art challenges by signing up for our newsletter
- The only rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
Art Challenge Guidelines
- Paint or draw something daily, in the art style of a famous artist.
- Make sure you include the name and the style of the artist you have been inspired by.
- You should post your paintings/drawings either at the end of each day or at the end of each week if you prefer.
- Don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #Styluary
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your face art in our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make the art styles challenge a little more manageable
- Keep this challenge simple. You don’t need to recreate a masterpiece!
- You can work either from life or from photos.
- Use a site like Google Arts and Culture to see lots of different art styles from the masters in one place
At the end of the year, why not make a little tour video of your art (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or send us a photo of some of your sketches for the year. With your permission, we may even feature your video on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this art style challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other February Challenges
For ‘Quick Kick February’ our daily painting challenge, we are challenging you to draw or paint using non-art tools. That could be painting with a toothbrush, or mark making with bits of string or a twig.
We challenge you to draw and post a face drawing a day throughout the month of February! You can draw any type of face. It doesn’t have to be human! Your face could be a cartoon, a character, a self portrait, an animal, a caricature, or even a silhouette profile…