Quick Kick February
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
For ‘Quick Kick February’ we are challenging you to create a ‘fingerpainting’ every day throughout the month of February. You can use any wet medium you like such as gouache, kid’s poster paints, acrylics, ink or watercolours (we don’t recommend oils in case it hurts your skin).
When is the last time you created a fingerpainting?
The aim of this challenge is to find your inner child! By experimenting to see what marks you can make with your hands, you will bring back a childlike playfulness to your work.
Free reference inspiration pdf to go with challenge
Get our free prompt and reference pdf by when you sign up for our newsletter
- You should create one fingerpainting every day.
- We will provide optional prompts, but feel free to do your own thing
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post (details are shown below) We might even link back to your best picture on our own!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #QuickKickFebruary
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your journal pages on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- Don’t try to paint anything too complex, unless of course, you want to.
- Stop after 15 minutes.
Ideas to make your art a little more interesting
- You could try working on different coloured papers or over collage
- You could experiment to see how many different types of marks you can make
- Try experimenting with different mediums and thicknesses of paints
- You could add texture pastes to your paint
At the end of the month, why not make a little tour video of your creations (up to three minutes long) and send it to us?
With your permission, we may even feature your creations on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!