Quick Kick February Daily Painting Challenge
For ‘Quick Kick February’ our daily painting challenge, we are challenging you to draw or paint using non-art tools. That could be painting with a toothbrush, or mark making with bits of string or a twig. We’ll leave it to your imagination.
When is the last time experimented with unusual painting tools?
The aim of this February painting challenge is to experiment with mark making and introduce playfulness to your work.
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly art challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
Keep up to date with our podcasts and art challenges by signing up for our newsletter
February Art Prompts (optional)
Painting Challenge Guidelines
- You should create one drawing or painting a day during February.
- We will provide optional art prompts, but feel free to do your own thing
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post (details are shown below) We might even link back to your best picture on our own!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #QuickKickFebruary
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your drawings and paintings on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make the daily painting challenge a little more manageable
- Don’t try to paint anything too complex, unless of course, you want to.
- Stop after 15 minutes.
Ideas to make your paintings a little more interesting
- You could try painting on different coloured papers or over collage
- You could experiment to see how many different types of marks you can make
- Try experimenting with different mediums and thicknesses of paints
- You could add texture pastes to your paint
At the end of the month, why not make a little tour video of your paintings (up to three minutes long) and send it to us?
With your permission, we may even feature your creations on our site!
And if you know any other artists who might also enjoy this daily painting challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other February Challenges
For this art styles challenge, we are challenging you to emulate the style of a famous artist, every day throughout February. We don’t mean, to ‘copy’ a painting, but rather create a painting of your own, inspired by the style of the artist.
We challenge you to draw and post a face drawing a day throughout the month of February! You can draw any type of face. It doesn’t have to be human! Your face could be a cartoon, a character, a self portrait, an animal, a caricature, or even a silhouette profile…