Quick Kick February
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
For ‘Quick Kick February’ we are challenging you to draw or paint using non-art tools. That could be painting with a toothbrush, or making marks with bits of string or a twig. We’ll leave it to your imagination.
When is the last time experimented with unusual painting tools?
The aim of this challenge is to experiment with mark making and introduce playfulness to your work.
Free reference inspiration pdf to go with challenge
Get our free prompt and reference pdf by when you sign up for our newsletter
- You should create one drawing or painting every day
- We will provide optional prompts, but feel free to do your own thing
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post (details are shown below) We might even link back to your best picture on our own!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #QuickKickFebruary
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your journal pages on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- Don’t try to paint anything too complex, unless of course, you want to.
- Stop after 15 minutes.
Ideas to make your art a little more interesting
- You could try working on different coloured papers or over collage
- You could experiment to see how many different types of marks you can make
- Try experimenting with different mediums and thicknesses of paints
- You could add texture pastes to your paint
At the end of the month, why not make a little tour video of your creations (up to three minutes long) and send it to us?
With your permission, we may even feature your creations on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other February Challenges
Introducing the writing challenge, ‘February Fables’. We are challenging you to write a children’s story from start to finish, ready for editing by the end of February. Remember, this is a children’s book, so it shouldn’t be too long. Then divide that number of words by 28.
We are challenging you to draw and post 28 faces throughout the month of February! You can draw any type of face. It doesn’t have to be human! Your face could be a cartoon, a character, a serious portrait, an animal, a caricature, or even a silhouette profile…