Welcome to our creative challenge, ‘February Faces’. We are challenging you to draw and post a face every day throughout the month of February!
Get our free reference inspiration pdf to go with challenge
Get our free prompt and face reference pdf by when you sign up for our newsletter
- The only rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
- The aim here is to draw a face every single day in February.
- You can draw any type of face. It doesn’t have to be human!
- Your face could be a cartoon, a character, a serious portrait, an animal, a caricature, or even a silhouette profile… Whatever you feel like!
- You can use any medium!
If you choose to share your work on social media, don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #FebruaryFaces
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your creations our brand new Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- Your drawing doesn’t have to be a serious portrait. It can be anything from a simple sketch!
- It may help to get together enough images to use as a reference in advance if you need to. You can find no end of references on sites such as ‘Deviant Art.’
- Try putting aside some time each day specifically to focus on the challenge… like you would an appointment.
Ideas to make your faces a little more interesting
- Your face doesn’t have to be immediately obvious. It could be hidden within another drawing. Challenge the viewer to find it!
- Why not try some fun expressions. No need for a straight face here!
- Your faces could be made up of collage… or even sculpture.
- You could try drawing distorted faces, for example a reflection in a spoon.
At the end of the month why not make a little video (up to three minutes long) of your faces and send it to us? Or just email us some of your favourite faces! With your permission, we may even feature your work on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other February Challenges
KickTime is our monthly challenge designed for those creatives who would prefer to sink their teeth into one big project over the whole month, rather than to take part in lots of smaller ones. It’s designed to inspire any kind of creative project a story, a poem, a piece of art, a piece of music, the list is endless!
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day. We are challenging you to draw or paint using non-art tools.
Introducing the writing challenge, ‘February Fables’. We are challenging you to write a children’s story from start to finish, ready for editing by the end of February. Remember, this is a children’s book, so it shouldn’t be too long. Then divide that number of words by 28.