February Faces Drawing Challenge
Welcome to our face drawing challenge, ‘February Faces’. We are challenging you to draw and post a face a day throughout the month.
Keep up to date with our podcasts and art challenges by signing up for our newsletter
February Faces Drawing Prompts (optional)
- The only rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
- The challenge here is to draw a face every day in February.
- You can draw any type of face. It doesn’t have to be human!
- Your face could be a cartoon, a character, a serious portrait, an animal, a caricature, or even a silhouette profile… Whatever you feel like!
- You can use any medium!
If you choose to share your face drawings on social media, don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #FebruaryFaces
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your face art in our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make the drawing challenge a little more manageable
- Your drawing doesn’t have to be a serious portrait. It can be anything from a simple sketch!
- It may help to get together enough images to use as face reference in advance if you need to.
- Try putting aside some time each day specifically to focus on the challenge… like you would an appointment.
Ideas to make your face drawings a little more interesting
- Your face doesn’t have to be immediately obvious. It could be hidden within another drawing. Challenge the viewer to find it!
- Why not try some fun face expressions. No need for a straight face here!
- Your faces could be made up of collage… or even sculpture.
- You could try drawing distorted faces, for example a reflection in a spoon.
At the end of the month why not make a little video (up to three minutes long) of your face sketches and send it to us? Or just email us some of your favourite faces! With your permission, we may even feature your work on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this face challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other February Challenges
For this art styles challenge, we are challenging you to emulate the style of a famous artist, every day throughout February. We don’t mean, to ‘copy’ a painting, but rather create a painting of your own, inspired by the style of the artist.
For ‘Quick Kick February’ our daily painting challenge, we are challenging you to draw or paint using non-art tools. That could be painting with a toothbrush, or mark making with bits of string or a twig.