For the writers out there, this month we have our writing challenge, ‘February Fables’. We are challenging you to write a children’s story from start to finish, ready for editing by the end of February.
- Your story must be suitable for children
- If you choose to share your work on social media, don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
- We encourage you to share your daily word count or snippets of your story online, to keep yourself accountable.
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #FebruaryFables
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your story our brand new Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- Think of your characters in advance.
- Have an ending to your story in mind before you begin writing. This way, you will know what you’re working towards.
- Decide how long your story will be and roughly how many words. Remember, this is a children’s book, so it shouldn’t be too long. Then divide that number of words by 28 and aim to write at least that number of words daily.
- Don’t edit your book as you go along. Wait until your whole story is down.
- Remember you are aiming for a story which is complete and ready for editing by the end of February, NOT a story ready to publish!
Ideas to make your story a little more interesting
- You could add illustrations to your story
- Remember, this is a children’s book, so it can be as unbelievable as you like. Anything can happen!
If your book is published as a result of taking part in this challenge, please tell us! We want to know! And with your permission, we may even feature your book on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other February Challenges
KickTime is our monthly challenge designed for those creatives who would prefer to sink their teeth into one big project over the whole month, rather than to take part in lots of smaller ones. It’s designed to inspire any kind of creative project a story, a poem, a piece of art, a piece of music, the list is endless!
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day. We are challenging you to draw or paint using non-art tools.
We are challenging you to draw and post 28 faces throughout the month of February! You can draw any type of face. It doesn’t have to be human! Your face could be a cartoon, a character, a serious portrait, an animal, a caricature, or even a silhouette profile…