Quick Kick June
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
For ‘Quick Kick June’ we are challenging you to create a cartoon every single day throughout the month.
- The only rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
- Set a timer for 15 minutes
- Your cartoon could be a single character, or an entire comic strip build up day by day!
- You can use any medium and your cartoon can be in colour or in black and white.
- If you choose to share your work on social media, don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #QuickKickJune
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your sketches in our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- Don’t attempt anything too complex unless you feel confident.
- Limit the numbers of colours you use if you are struggling for time
- Stop after 15 minutes.
Ideas to make your sketches a little more interesting
- You could make your drawings over interesting backgrounds… perhaps on music sheets or even on the pages of an old novel!
At the end of the month, why not make a little sketchbook tour video (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or you could email us some of your favourite sketches! With your permission, we may even feature your work on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other June Challenges
KickTime is our brand new monthly challenge designed for those creatives who would prefer to sink their teeth into one big project over the whole month, rather than to take part in lots of smaller ones. It’s designed to inspire any kind of creative project a story, a poem, a piece of art, a piece of music, the list is endless!
Replicate a sketch, drawing or painting by a master or from an art book, every day throughout the month. One of the best ways to learn how to draw well, is to copy from other artists who are masters of their craft. By replicating their style you will learn a lot.
This month it’s the creative challenge, ‘Kick Crafty. We are challenging you to use textiles to create something this month. You can create something every day or work on a larger project.