Quick Kick June Cartoon Challenge
Join us for a cartoon challenge this month. For ‘Quick Kick June’ we are challenging you to create a daily cartoon drawing throughout the month.
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
Keep up to date with our podcasts and art challenges by signing up for our newsletter
- The only rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
Cartoon Challenge Guidelines
- Set a timer for 15 minutes
- Your cartoon could be a single character, or an entire comic strip build up day by day!
- You can use any medium and your cartoon can be in colour or in black and white.
- If you choose to share your work on social media, don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #QuickKickJune
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your cartoons in our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make the challenge more manageable
- Keep your cartoon drawing simple unless you feel confident.
- Limit the numbers of colours you use if you are struggling for time
- Stop after 15 minutes.
Ideas to make your cartoons a little more interesting
- You could draw your cartoons over interesting backgrounds… perhaps on music sheets or even on the pages of an old novel!
- You could create random shapes and make them into cartoons
- You could add hand drawn lettering to your cartoons
At the end of the month, why not make a little cartoon sketchbook tour video (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or you could email us some of your favourite sketches! With your permission, we may even feature your work on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this cartoon challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other June Art Challenges
For this daily painting challenge, we are challenging you to paint using just one colour and white (or just one colour if using watercolour), every day throughout the month of June. By using just one colour and white, you will learn to make a variety of tonal values, without being distracted by colour.
For our Copyist June Art Challenge we are challenging you to replicate a sketch, drawing or painting by a master or from an art book, every day throughout the month.