Quick Kick June
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
For ‘Quick Kick June’ we are challenging you to create a COLOUR sketch in 15 minutes or less every day. This challenge is particularly suitable for those who have a tendency to overwork their sketches or those who have limited time.
The idea here is to simplify your sketches and learn which details are important and which are not. You will find that with less time to ‘fuss’, your sketches will become looser and have more character.
Over the month, you should find that you are able to work more confidently in a short period.
Free reference inspiration pdf to go with challenge
Get our free prompt and face reference pdf by when you sign up for our newsletter
- The only rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
- Set a timer for 15 minutes
- Do not use an Eraser
- It’s up to you what medium you use, but make sure you include some colour
- Repeat daily throughout the month
- If you choose to share your work on social media, don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #QuickKickJune
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your sketches in our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- Don’t attempt anything too complex unless you feel confident.
- Limit the numbers of colours you use if you are struggling for time
- Stop after 15 minutes.
Ideas to make your sketches a little more interesting
- You could make your drawings over interesting backgrounds… perhaps on music sheets or even on the pages of an old novel!
At the end of the month, why not make a little sketchbook tour video (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or you could email us some of your favourite sketches! With your permission, we may even feature your work on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!