Scriptember – September Daily Hand Lettering Challenge
For this September daily lettering challenge we invite you to use lettering or calligraphy to write and create an inspirational quote every day. You can write out an existing quote or create your own.
Keep up to date with our podcasts and art challenges by signing up for our newsletter
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #Scriptember
Share in our Facebook Group
You can share your quotes in our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make the lettering challenge more manageable
- You could prepare the quotes you are going to write in advance of the challenge
Hand lettering ideas
- You could lay out your quote over unusual backgrounds, such as collage or handmade paper
- You could add an image or drawing alongside your lettering
- You could experiment with different tools to create your lettering. As well as dip pens and brush pens you could try lettering with twigs and ink or other home made tools.
And if you know any other artists who might also enjoy this daily lettering challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other September Art Challenges
This September we challenge you to create a daily blind contour drawing. It will help you improve your observation and drawing skills. “Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
Join us for our daily sketching challenge this September. Improve your sketching skills, fill up your sketchbook and have fun.