So it’s September already and that Sketchbook that you promised yourself you would fill this year has gathered an entire inch of dust, each page remaining completely blank. Well now is the time to change that!
We are challenging you to fill at least one page of your sketchbook every day throughout the month of September.
The object here is to form a sketching habit and to finally make that sketchbook something interesting to look at!
Free reference inspiration pdf to go with challenge
Get our free prompt and reference pdf by when you sign up for our newsletter
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
- You must make at least one sketch a day in your sketchbook
- You can sketch any subject. This is YOUR sketchbook. So whether you use it to create doodles or drawings, you should fill your pages however you would like.
- You can use any medium to create your sketch
- You don’t have to fill your sketchbook by the end of the month! Just make sure you sketch on one page every single day.
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post (details are shown below) We might even link back to your best blog post on our own!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #SketchathonSeptember
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also link back to your blog posts on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- Carry your sketchbook with you everywhere. This way, you can snatch nuggets of time during the day to work on your sketches, such as in a waiting room or a cafe.
- For this challenge, it would be best to use a small to medium sized book. Perhaps avoid working on a book larger than an A4 (unless you want to)
Ideas to make your art a little more interesting
- You could create a bespoke cover for your sketchbook.
- You could use colourful washes on your pages, or even collage and sketch over the top.
- Maybe some nice text would make an interesting addition to your page.