Quick Kick September
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
For ‘Quick Kick September’ we are challenging you to create a blind contour drawing/painting every day of the month. To create a blind contour drawing simply decide on your subject. This could be anything you like: a still life, a friends face or something in a reference photo. Then draw your subject by studying it carefully but DO NOT look at your paper as you draw.
- You should create at least one blind contour drawing/painting every day
- You can draw anything you want (we will provide optional prompts)
- Your drawing/painting should take no more than 15 minutes
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post (details shown below) We might even link back to your best drawing on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #QuickKickSeptember
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your journal pages on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- Don’t attempt anything too complex, unless you want to of course
- Stop after 15 minutes.
Ideas to make your art a little more interesting
- You could work over a surface of torn paper in different colours
- You could experiment with different mediums – charcoal, brush pen, fountain pen, paint
At the end of the month, why not make a little tour video of your creations (up to three minutes long) and send it to us?
With your permission, we may even feature your creations on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!