Quick Kick September
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
For ‘Quick Kick September’ we are challenging you to create a blind contour drawing/painting every day of the month. To create a blind contour drawing simply decide on your subject. This could be anything you like: a still life, a friends face or something in a reference photo. Then draw your subject by studying it carefully but DO NOT look at your paper as you draw.
- You should create at least one blind contour drawing/painting every day
- You can draw anything you want (we will provide optional prompts)
- Your drawing/painting should take no more than 15 minutes
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post (details shown below) We might even link back to your best drawing on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #QuickKickSeptember
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your journal pages on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- Don’t attempt anything too complex, unless you want to of course
- Stop after 15 minutes.
Ideas to make your art a little more interesting
- You could work over a surface of torn paper in different colours
- You could experiment with different mediums – charcoal, brush pen, fountain pen, paint
At the end of the month, why not make a little tour video of your creations (up to three minutes long) and send it to us?
With your permission, we may even feature your creations on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other September Challenges
KickTime is our brand new monthly challenge designed for those creatives who would prefer to sink their teeth into one big project over the whole month, rather than to take part in lots of smaller ones. It’s designed to inspire any kind of creative project a story, a poem, a piece of art, a piece of music, the list is endless!read more
So it’s September already and that Sketchbook that you promised yourself you would fill this year has gathered an entire inch of dust, each page remaining completely blank. Well now is the time to change that! We are challenging you to create at least a sketch a day.read more
Has your blog lost momentum throughout the year? Have you always wanted to start a blog, but never got around to it? Has your number of visitors begun to fall? Then September Blogfest is the challenge for you! We are challenging you to post every day in September.read more
This challenge is hosted by Leslie Saeta from www.saetastudio.com Every September (and January), Leslie challenges artists to paint 30 paintings in 30 days and invites them to post their paintings on her blog. The challenge has become hugely popular.read more