Quick Kick September Drawing Challenge
For our ‘Quick Kick September’ drawing challenge we are challenging you to create a daily blind contour drawing/painting throughout the month. To create a blind contour drawing simply decide on your subject. This could be anything you like: a still life, a friends face or something in a reference photo. Then draw your subject by studying it carefully but DO NOT look at your paper as you draw.
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
Keep up to date with our podcasts and art challenges by signing up for our newsletter
September Art Prompts (Optional)
Drawing Challenge Guidelines
- For this drawing challenge you should create at least one blind contour drawing/painting every day
- You can draw anything you want (we will provide optional prompts)
- Your drawing/painting should take no more than 15 minutes
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post (details shown below) We might even link back to your best drawing on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #QuickKickSeptember
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your blind contour drawings on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make the drawing challenge a little more manageable
- Don’t attempt to draw anything too complex, unless you want to of course
- Stop after 15 minutes.
Ideas to make your drawings a little more interesting
- You could draw over a surface of torn paper in different colours
- You could experiment with different mediums – charcoal, brush pen, fountain pen, paint
At the end of the month, why not make a little tour video of your blind contour drawings (up to three minutes long) and send it to us?
With your permission, we may even feature your creations on our site!
And if you know any other artists who might also enjoy this doodle art challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other September Challenges
For this September lettering challenge, we invite you to hand write a daily inspirational quote. You can write out an existing quote or create your own.
Join us for our daily sketching challenge this September. Improve your sketching skills, fill up your sketchbook and have fun.