Half Past Christmas
Introducing the all new creative challenge, ‘Half Past Christmas’…Yes, we are just over halfway there already! And we are challenging you to come up with one festive creation for this coming Christmas, every single day throughout the month of July.
Imagine how organised you will feel in December!
- The aim here is to hand-make one festive creation, every single day throughout the month of July.
- Your creations can be anything festive, such as Christmas Cards, tree decorations, gift-tags, labels for jars or even actual hand-made gifts! You can even get creative in the kitchen… Maybe try pickling your own onions or making your own Christmas cake ready to start maturing… The list is endless!
- You don’t have to stick to one thing throughout the month. You can make a mixture of festive creations.
- We encourage you to share your daily creations throughout July and don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your creations on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #HalfPastChristmas
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your Christmas creations on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- On busier days, stick to smaller creations, such as gift tags and greetings cards. Save the cake-making for weekends!
- Plan your creations in advance, so you will have all of your materials ready and you won’t have to waste any time shopping!
- Try putting aside some time each day specifically to focus on the challenge… like you would an appointment.
At the end of the month, why not make a little video (up to three minutes long) of your festive creations and send it to us? Or just email us some of your favourite ones. With your permission, we may even feature your work on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other July Challenges
KickTime is our brand new monthly challenge designed for those creatives who would prefer to sink their teeth into one big project over the whole month, rather than to take part in lots of smaller ones. It’s designed to inspire any kind of creative project a story, a poem, a piece of art, a piece of music, the list is endless!read more
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day. For ‘Quick Kick July’ we are challenging you to create a simple drawing ‘upside-down’, every day throughout the month of July.read more
Every day in July we are challenging you to create prints on top of junk or using junk. It can be any type of printmaking from potato prints, to monoprints, to lino prints.read more