Portrait July Face Drawing Challenge
Welcome to our face drawing challenge, ‘Portrait July’. We are challenging you to draw and post 31 faces throughout the month of July!
Keep up to date with our podcasts and art challenges by signing up for our newsletter
July 2022 Face Art Prompts (Optional)
- The only rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
- The aim here is to create a daily face drawing throughout July.
- You can draw any type of face. It doesn’t have to be human!
- You can use any medium!
If you choose to share your work on social media, don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #PortraitJuly
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your face drawings on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make the drawing challenge more manageable
- You could collect together face reference for every day before the challenge starts
- Try putting aside some time each day specifically to focus on the drawing challenge… like you would an appointment.
- Why not try some fun expressions. No need for a straight face here!
- Your faces could be made up of collage… or even sculpture.
- You could try drawing distorted faces, for example a reflection in a spoon.
- You could draw a daily self portrait in different poses or styles.
At the end of the month, why not make a little tour video of your portraits (up to three minutes long) and send it to us?
With your permission, we may even feature your ‘junk’ on our site!
And if you know any other artists who might also enjoy this drawing challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other July Challenges
For this July drawing challenge, we are challenging you to create a simple drawing ‘upside-down’, every day throughout the month of July. To clarify. We are NOT challenging you to draw whilst doing a handstand, but to draw something from a photograph that has been flipped upside-down.
For our daily urban sketching challenge, we are challenging you to create an urban sketch every day in July. It could be a quick sketch in a park, at work, a view from your window or a local building.