Welcome to our creative challenge, ‘Portrait July’. We are challenging you to draw and post 31 faces throughout the month of July!
- The only rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
- The aim here is to draw a face every single day in July.
- You can draw any type of face. It doesn’t have to be human!
- You can use any medium!
If you choose to share your work on social media, don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #PortraitJuly
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your journal pages on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- You could collect together reference for every day before the challenge starts
- Try putting aside some time each day specifically to focus on the challenge… like you would an appointment.
Ideas to make your portraits a little more interesting
- Why not try some fun expressions. No need for a straight face here!
- Your faces could be made up of collage… or even sculpture.
- You could try drawing distorted faces, for example a reflection in a spoon.
At the end of the month, why not make a little tour video of your creations (up to three minutes long) and send it to us?
With your permission, we may even feature your ‘junk’ on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other July Challenges
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day. For ‘Quick Kick July’ we are challenging you to create a simple drawing ‘upside-down’, every day throughout the month of July.
We are challenging you to create an urban sketch every day of the month. It could be a quick sketch in a park, at work, a view from your window or a local building.