This month we are introducing the brand new art challenge, ‘ImitationApril’
We are challenging you to create a piece of art in the style of a famous artist (dead or Alive), every day throughout the month of April.
Perhaps you’d like to create a portrait in the style of Picasso! Maybe you would like to draw your pet, but in the style of Leonardo… Or maybe you just want to draw your breakfast in the style of Danny Gregory… The possibilities are endless!
- You must write the words ‘Inspired by’ beneath your drawing, followed by the original artist’s name.
- You should only emulate the style of famous artists, living or dead. Please avoid mimicking the style of current artists who are posting online (unless you have their permission).
- You should complete and post one piece of art, which has been inspired by your chosen artist, every day throughout the month of April
- You can choose art in any medium to replicate
- Don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #ImitationApril
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your abstract art on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- If time is an issue, you can choose to work on one large drawing over the whole month if you prefer, but don’t forget to share your progress every day
Ideas to make your paintings a little more interesting
- You could make your drawings on interesting surfaces, such as newspaper, wrapping paper or music sheets.
At the end of the month, why not make a little video (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or send us some photos of your favourite drawings. With your permission, we may even feature your video on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other April Challenges
Quick Kick April #QuickKickApril “Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day. For ‘Quick Kick April’ we are challenging you to create a drawing using ten strokes or less, every day throughout the month of...read more
NaPoWriMo (National Poetry Writing Month) #NaPoWriMo #NaPoWriMo is a poetry challenge hosted by Maureen Thorson at www.napowrimo.net You are challenged to write a poem a day throughout the month of April. Rules You can keep your poems for yourself or share them with...read more
The 100 Day Project #the100dayproject This challenge is hosted by Elle Luna at www.the100dayproject.org and starts sometime in April (the date varies from year to year). It was inspired by a Yale School of Art Workshop created by Michael Bierut for his graduate...read more
Abstract Art April #AbstractArtAprilThis month we are introducing the brand new painting challenge, ‘Abstract Art April’. We are challenging you to create an abstract painting, every day throughout the month of April. If you have never painted anything abstract...read more