Create a Calendar
We are challenging you to create a single piece of artwork every month for 12 consecutive months, so that you will be able to print your own calendar for the following year.
- Create one piece of artwork every month for 12 consecutive months
- Each piece of art should relate to the month in which you created it.
- Your art can be in any 2D medium including digital
- Your art can be in any genre, as long as the piece relates in some way to the month in which you created it.
- When you have completed your final piece of art, you should then photograph your work and design/print your own calendar for the following year.
- Each month, we encourage you to share your progress on social media and also share your completed calendar at the end of the year
- Don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- You don’t have to create your piece in one day. You can work on it throughout the entire month
- Your piece of art doesn’t have to be big. If time is an issue, keep it small and simple
Ideas to make your pages a little more interesting
- You could use photography, digital art, watercolour, pastels, pencil, ink, paint… You could even add collage made from torn out pieces from a magazine, newspaper or wrapping paper
- You could tell a story with your piece or even make it comical! Try adding some text to your creations
At the end of the challenge, why not make a little calendar tour video (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or just send us a photo of your favourite piece. With your permission, we may even feature your work on our site!
And if you know any other artists who might also enjoy this doodle art challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other Anytime Challenges
For this weekly sketching challenge, we are challenging you to create a weekly drawing for 52 consecutive weeks. This is less of a commitment than the Kick 365 challenge but will still help you to build that creative habit and improve your drawing skills.
For this art challenge, we are challenging you to draw or paint the same face in 50 different ways. Find a face reference photo you like and let that be your inspiration to create a face a day for the next 50 days.
The Sketchbook Project is hosted by www.sketchbookproject.com Whatever your level, this is a chance to submit your own work to the world’s largest collection of sketchbooks and become part of a worldwide community of creative people.
For this sketch challenge, we are challenging you to create a daily sketch for 365 consecutive days.Not for the faint hearted! This challenge takes real commitment, but just imagine how many sketchbooks you could fill in a year