Kick 52 – 52 Week Sketching Challenge
For this weekly sketching challenge, we are challenging you to create a weekly drawing for 52 consecutive weeks.
You can start this challenge on the 1st day of any month, as long as you continue for 52 weeks.
- The only rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
- Sketch something every single week for 52 consecutive weeks
- You can start this challenge on the 1st day of any month, as long as you continue for 52 weeks.
- You should post your drawing either at the end of each week or if preferred you can post all of your drawings at the end of each month.
- Don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #Kick52
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your sketches on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make the challenge more manageable
- Draw something as simple or complex as you have time for, each particular week.
- It may help to have a theme for each month, such as nature, or food. This will simplify the decision making part where you need to decide what to draw.
sketchbook pages ideas
- You could add collage made from torn out pieces from a magazine, newspaper or wrapping paper
- Try adding some interesting borders to your drawings
- You could add text
- Why not overlap some of your drawings
- You could make your drawings on old books, newspapers or music sheets
At the end of the year, why not make a little sketchbook tour video (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or send us a photo of some of your sketches for the year. With your permission, we may even feature your video on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this sketching challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other January Challenges
For this art challenge, we are challenging you to draw or paint the same face in 50 different ways. Find a face reference photo you like and let that be your inspiration to create a face a day for the next 50 days.
A daily art journal challenge. We challenge you to create an illustrated page every day throughout the month. You should work on the basic layout of one page every day throughout January. Do NOT be intimidated by, or compare your art journal pages to other people’s work!
For ‘Quick Kick January’ we challenge you to take a daily abstract photo throughout the month of January. “Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
We challenge you to create a piece of work using watercolour every day throughout the month of January. You can use just watercolour alone, or you can use any other water-soluble media if you prefer.
For this sketch challenge, we are challenging you to create a daily sketch for 365 consecutive days.Not for the faint hearted! This challenge takes real commitment, but just imagine how many sketchbooks you could fill in a year
This is an external challenge from 64 Million Artists. There are 31 days of simple creative challenges and a vibrant community of participants sharing their work and experiences across social media.