Kick 365 – the 365 Day Sketch Challenge
For this sketch challenge, we are challenging you to create a daily sketch for 365 consecutive days.
Not for the faint-hearted! This challenge takes real commitment, but just imagine how many sketchbooks you could fill in a year… And just how much your skills will improve!
You can start this challenge at any point during the year as long as you continue for 365 days.
- The only rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
- Sketch something every single day for 365 consecutive days
- You can start the challenge at any time of the year as long as you continue for 365 days.
- You should post your daily sketches online
- Don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #Kick365
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your sketches on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make the challenge more manageable
- Sketch something as simple or complex as you have time for on each particular day. It could be something as simple as your pencil, to something more complex like the view from your window.
- It may help to have a theme for the year, such as nature, or food. This will simplify the decision making part where you need to decide what to draw.
- If you know you can’t sketch on a particular day, you can always make two sketches the day before… there is wiggle room here! The point is to form a habit and to improve quickly
sketchbook pages ideas
- You could add collage made from torn out pieces from a magazine, newspaper or wrapping paper
- Try adding some interesting borders to your sketches
- You could add text
- Why not overlap some of your drawings
- You could make your sketches on old books, newspapers or music sheets
At the end of the year, why not make a little sketchbook tour video (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or send us a photo of some of your sketches for the year. With your permission, we may even feature your video on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this sketch challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other January Challenges
For this weekly sketching challenge, we are challenging you to create a weekly drawing for 52 consecutive weeks. This is less of a commitment than the Kick 365 challenge but will still help you to build that creative habit and improve your drawing skills.
A daily art journal challenge. We challenge you to create an illustrated page every day throughout the month. You should work on the basic layout of one page every day throughout January. Do NOT be intimidated by, or compare your art journal pages to other people’s work!
For ‘Quick Kick January’ we challenge you to take a daily abstract photo throughout the month of January. “Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
We challenge you to create a piece of work using watercolour every day throughout the month of January. You can use just watercolour alone, or you can use any other water-soluble media if you prefer.
This is an external challenge from 64 Million Artists. There are 31 days of simple creative challenges and a vibrant community of participants sharing their work and experiences across social media.