Kick 365 – the 365 Day Sketch Challenge
We are challenging you to sketch one thing every single day for 365 consecutive days.
Not for the faint hearted! This challenge takes real commitment, but just imagine how many sketchbooks you could fill in a year… And just how much your skills will improve!
You can start this challenge at any point during the year as long as you contininue for 365 days.
- The only rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
- Sketch something every single day for 365 consecutive days
- You can start the challenge at any time of the year as long as you continue for 365 days.
- You should post your daily sketches online
- Don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #Kick365
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your sketches on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- Sketch something as simple or complex as you have time for on each particular day. It could be something as simple as your pencil, to something more complex like the view from your window.
- It may help to have a theme for the year, such as nature, or food. This will simplify the decision making part where you need to decide what to draw.
- If you know you can’t sketch on a particular day, you can always make two sketches the day before… there is wiggle room here! The point is to form a habit and to improve quickly
Ideas to make your pages a little more interesting
- You could add collage made from torn out pieces from a magazine, newspaper or wrapping paper
- Try adding some interesting borders to your sketches
- You could add text
- Why not overlap some of your drawings
- You could make your sketches on old books, newspapers or music sheets
At the end of the year, why not make a little sketchbook tour video (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or send us a photo of some of your sketches for the year. With your permission, we may even feature your video on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other January Challenges
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day. For ‘Quick Kick January’ we are challenging you to take an abstract photograph every day throughout the month of January.read more
KickTime is our brand new monthly challenge designed for those creatives who would prefer to sink their teeth into one big project over the whole month, rather than to take part in lots of smaller ones. It’s designed to inspire any kind of creative project a story, a poem, a piece of art, a piece of music, the list is endless!read more
We are challenging you to create a piece of work using watercolour every day throughout the month of January. You can use just watercolour alone, or you can use any other water-soluble media if you prefer.read more
We are challenging you to create an illustrated page every single day throughout the month of January. You should work on the basic layout of one page every day throughout January. Do NOT be intimidated by, or compare your pages to other people’s work!read more