Quick Kick January – Daily Photo Challenge
For ‘Quick Kick January’ we have an abstract daily photo challenge. Take one abstract photo a day throughout the month.
Have fun with this photo challenge. You could try taking photos very close to objects, moving the camera as you are taking a shot, shooting objects at unusual angles or experiment with your own ideas.
A challenge like this is a wonderful way of seeing beauty and interest in things that you might not otherwise.
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly art challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
Keep up to date with our podcasts and art challenges by signing up for our newsletter
Photo Challenge Guidelines
- You should take one abstract daily photo throughout the month
- We will provide optional photo prompts, but feel free to do your own thing
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post (details are shown below) We might even link back to your best daily photo.
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #QuickKickJanuary
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your daily photos on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make the photography challenge a little more manageable
- You could take your photo during your commute or your lunch hour.
- Keep your eyes open and a camera or phone on you all the time. You never know when inspiration might strike
- Stop after 15 minutes.
Photo Challenge Ideas
- You could have a theme for all of your challenge photos – such as buildings or plants etc
- You could experiment with filters and effects after you have taken your photo
- Your photo doesn’t have to be digital, you could go old school and use a 35mm camera and film or an instant camera if you prefer
At the end of the month, why not make a little tour video of your daily photos (up to three minutes long) and send it to us?
With your permission, we may even feature your creations on our site!
And if you know any other artists who might also enjoy this daily photo challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other January Art Challenges
For this weekly sketching challenge, we are challenging you to create a weekly drawing for 52 consecutive weeks. This is less of a commitment than the Kick 365 challenge but will still help you to build that creative habit and improve your drawing skills.
For this art challenge, we are challenging you to draw or paint the same face in 50 different ways. Find a face reference photo you like and let that be your inspiration to create a face a day for the next 50 days.
A daily art journal challenge. We challenge you to create an illustrated page every day throughout the month. You should work on the basic layout of one page every day throughout January. Do NOT be intimidated by, or compare your art journal pages to other people’s work!
We challenge you to create a piece of work using watercolour every day throughout the month of January. You can use just watercolour alone, or you can use any other water-soluble media if you prefer.
For this sketch challenge, we are challenging you to create a daily sketch for 365 consecutive days.Not for the faint hearted! This challenge takes real commitment, but just imagine how many sketchbooks you could fill in a year
This is an external challenge from 64 Million Artists. There are 31 days of simple creative challenges and a vibrant community of participants sharing their work and experiences across social media.