Quick Kick January
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
For ‘Quick Kick January’ we are challenging you to take an abstract photograph every day throughout the month of January.
You could try taking photos very close to objects, moving the camera as you are taking a shot, shooting objects at unusual angles or experiment with your own ideas.
A challenge like this is a wonderful way of seeing beauty and interest in things that you might not otherwise.
Free reference inspiration pdf to go with challenge
Get our free prompt and reference pdf by when you sign up for our newsletter
- You should take one abstract photo every day.
- We will provide optional prompts, but feel free to do your own thing
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post (details are shown below) We might even link back to your best picture on our own!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #QuickKickJanuary
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your journal pages on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- You could take your photo during your commute or your lunch hour.
- Keep your eyes open and a camera or phone on you all the time. You never know when inspiration might strike
- Stop after 15 minutes.
Ideas to make your art a little more interesting
- You could have a theme for all of your photos – such as buildings or plants etc
- You could experiment with filters and effects after you have taken your photo
- Your photo doesn’t have to be digital, you could go old school and use a 35mm camera and film or an instant camera if you prefer
At the end of the month, why not make a little tour video of your creations (up to three minutes long) and send it to us?
With your permission, we may even feature your creations on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other January Challenges
We are challenging you to create an illustrated page every single day throughout the month of January. You should work on the basic layout of one page every day throughout January. Do NOT be intimidated by, or compare your pages to other people’s work!
KickTime is our brand new monthly challenge designed for those creatives who would prefer to sink their teeth into one big project over the whole month, rather than to take part in lots of smaller ones. It’s designed to inspire any kind of creative project a story, a poem, a piece of art, a piece of music, the list is endless!
We are challenging you to create a piece of work using watercolour every day throughout the month of January. You can use just watercolour alone, or you can use any other water-soluble media if you prefer.
This is an external challenge from 64 Million Artists. There are 31 days of simple creative challenges and a vibrant community of participants sharing their work and experiences across social media.
Not for the faint hearted! This challenge takes real commitment, but just imagine how many sketchbooks you could fill in a year… And just how much your skills will improve! Sketch something every single day for 365 consecutive days. Post it online
This challenge is hosted by Leslie Saeta from www.saetastudio.com Every January and September, Leslie challenges artists to paint 30 paintings in 30 days and invites them to post their paintings on her blog. The challenge has become hugely popular.