Quick Kick January
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
For ‘Quick Kick January’ we are challenging you to take an abstract photograph every day throughout the month of January.
You could try taking photos very close to objects, moving the camera as you are taking a shot, shooting objects at unusual angles or experiment with your own ideas.
A challenge like this is a wonderful way of seeing beauty and interest in things that you might not otherwise.
Free reference inspiration pdf to go with challenge
Get our free prompt and reference pdf by when you sign up for our newsletter
- You should take one abstract photo every day.
- We will provide optional prompts, but feel free to do your own thing
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post (details are shown below) We might even link back to your best picture on our own!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #QuickKickJanuary
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your journal pages on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- You could take your photo during your commute or your lunch hour.
- Keep your eyes open and a camera or phone on you all the time. You never know when inspiration might strike
- Stop after 15 minutes.
Ideas to make your art a little more interesting
- You could have a theme for all of your photos – such as buildings or plants etc
- You could experiment with filters and effects after you have taken your photo
- Your photo doesn’t have to be digital, you could go old school and use a 35mm camera and film or an instant camera if you prefer
At the end of the month, why not make a little tour video of your creations (up to three minutes long) and send it to us?
With your permission, we may even feature your creations on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!