This month we are introducing the brand new art challenge, ‘Miniature May’.
We are challenging you to create a miniature piece of artwork, every day throughout the month of May.
- Have fun!!
- Your miniature artwork must be NO bigger than 5” x 5”
- You should complete and post one miniature piece of artwork every day throughout the month of May.
- The painting can be in any media excluding digital.
- Don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #MiniatureMay
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your paintings on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- Try having a theme to make things a little easier
- Prepare your supports in advance
Ideas to make your miniature art a little more interesting
- You could add collage made from torn out pieces from a magazine, newspaper or wrapping paper
- You add some interesting mediums such as gold leaf
At the end of the month, why not make a little video of your experience (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or send us some photos of your favourite miniature pieces. With your permission, we may even feature your video on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other May Challenges
KickTime is our brand new monthly challenge designed for those creatives who would prefer to sink their teeth into one big project over the whole month, rather than to take part in lots of smaller ones. It’s designed to inspire any kind of creative project a story, a poem, a piece of art, a piece of music, the list is endless!read more
We are challenging you to create a piece of flower art, every day throughout May. You can use any medium you like such as paint, embroidery, clay, printing, digital or mixed media… You can even use actual flowers!read more
Create a simple drawing using your non-dominant hand, every day throughout the month. Studies have shown that when using our dominant hand, only one hemisphere of the brain is active, however by using our non-dominant hand, both sides of our brain are active.read more
This challenge is hosted by a closed Facebook group, so you will need to request to be able to join in this annual May challenge. Each year, on or around the 26th April, a list of daily subjects for the entire month will be published to download.read more