Miniature May Art Challenge
For this May art challenge we invite you to create a daily miniature piece of artwork throughout the month.
Keep up to date with our podcasts and art challenges by signing up for our newsletter
May 2022 Art Prompts (optional)
- Have fun!!
- Your miniature art should be NO bigger than 5” x 5”
Art Challenge Guidelines
- You should complete and post one miniature piece of art every day throughout the month of May.
- The challenge art can be in any media excluding digital.
- Don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #MiniatureMay
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your paintings on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make the art challenge a little more manageable
- Try having an art theme to make things a little easier
- Prepare your paper or art supports before the May challenge starts
Ideas to make your miniature art a little more interesting
- You could add collage made from torn out pieces from a magazine, newspaper or wrapping paper
- You add some interesting mediums such as gold leaf
At the end of the month, why not make a little video of your miniature artworks (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or send us some photos of your favourite miniature pieces. With your permission, we may even feature your video on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this art challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other May Art Challenges
For this May art challenge we invite you to create a daily piece of flower art throughout the month. You can use any medium you like such as paint, embroidery, clay, printing, digital or mixed media… You can even use actual flowers!
For this May drawing challenge, we invite you to create a simple daily drawing using your non-dominant hand. You can draw anything you want but we will provide optional art prompts.
This challenge is hosted by a closed Facebook group, so you will need to request to be able to join in this annual May challenge. Each year, on or around the 26th April, a list of daily subjects for the entire month will be published to download.