Blooming Marvellous May Flower Art Challenge
This month it’s our flower art challenge, ‘Blooming Marvellous May’.
We are challenging you to create a piece of daily flower art throughout May. You can use any medium you like such as paint, embroidery, clay, printing, digital or mixed media. You can even use actual flowers!
Keep up to date with our podcasts and art challenges by signing up for our newsletter
- You should work on one piece of floral art every day of May.
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post with your flower art challenge pictures (details are shown below) We might even link back to your best picture on our own!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #BloomingMarvellousMay
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your paintings on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make the art challenge a little more manageable
- Don’t attempt anything too complex, unless you want to of course.
- If you prefer to spend longer on each piece, you could spend a little time each day on your flower art.
- You could collect together reference photos before the art challenge starts
Flower art challenge ideas
- Experiment working over different papers and collage elements
- Try working with different mediums
- Try introducing different textures, such as fabric or corrugated card.
At the end of May, why not make a little video of your flower challenge (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or send us some photos of your favourite miniature pieces. With your permission, we may even feature your video on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this flower art challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other May Challenges
For this May drawing challenge, we invite you to create a simple daily drawing using your non-dominant hand. You can draw anything you want but we will provide optional art prompts.
For this May art challenge we invite you to create a daily miniature piece of artwork throughout the month.. Your miniature artwork should be NO bigger than 5” x 5” in any media excluding digital.
This challenge is hosted by a closed Facebook group, so you will need to request to be able to join in this annual May challenge. Each year, on or around the 26th April, a list of daily subjects for the entire month will be published to download.