Blooming Marvellous May
This month we are introducing the art challenge, ‘Blooming Marvellous May’.
We are challenging you to create a piece of flower art, every day throughout May. You can use any medium you like such as paint, embroidery, clay, printing, digital or mixed media… You can even use actual flowers!
- You should work on one piece of floral art every day
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post (details are shown below) We might even link back to your best picture on our own!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #BloomingMarvellousMay
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your paintings on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- Don’t attempt anything too complex, unless you want to of course.
- If you prefer to spend longer on each piece, you could spend a little time each day of a more detailed piece of work.
- You could collect together reference images before the challenge starts
Ideas to make your work a little more interesting
- Experiment working over different papers and collage elements
- Try working with different mediums
- Try introducing different textures, such as fabric or corrugated card.
At the end of the month, why not make a little video of your experience (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or send us some photos of your favourite miniature pieces. With your permission, we may even feature your video on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other May Challenges
KickTime is our brand new monthly challenge designed for those creatives who would prefer to sink their teeth into one big project over the whole month, rather than to take part in lots of smaller ones. It’s designed to inspire any kind of creative project a story, a poem, a piece of art, a piece of music, the list is endless!
Create a simple drawing using your non-dominant hand, every day throughout the month. Studies have shown that when using our dominant hand, only one hemisphere of the brain is active, however by using our non-dominant hand, both sides of our brain are active.
This challenge is hosted by a closed Facebook group, so you will need to request to be able to join in this annual May challenge. Each year, on or around the 26th April, a list of daily subjects for the entire month will be published to download.
Create a miniature piece of artwork, every day throughout the month of May. Your miniature artwork must be NO bigger than 5” x 5” in any media excluding digital.