March Mixed Media
This month we are introducing our challenge, ‘March Mixed Media’.
We are challenging you to create a piece of mixed media art, every day throughout the month of March. The object here is to get you experimenting and creating some interesting work that you may otherwise have been afraid to try.
Free reference inspiration pdf to go with challenge
Get our free prompt and reference pdf by when you sign up for our newsletter
- The only rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
- If you are a beginner, the only thing you need to know is that you should not use water-based mediums over oil-based mediums. Example, do not use acrylic paint over oil paint.
- You should complete and post one piece of mixed media art every day throughout the month of March.
- Your work can be abstract or literal.
- Your work can be in any media and should be a mixture of at least two or more.
- You are encouraged to post your creations every day and don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #MarchMixedMedia
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your journal pages on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- Prepare your canvases or other chosen supports well in advance
- Try thinking of a theme, such as ‘Travel’ to make things a little easier.
- Use patterns and colours as inspiration
- Keep it small!
Ideas to make your sketches a little more interesting
- You could add collage made from torn out pieces from a magazine, newspaper or wrapping paper
- You could use wet and dry media (but remember you should not paint acrylic over oil or it won’t last)
- You could use watercolour, ink, pastel, metallic pen, paint… The list is endless!
- You could add some interesting mediums such as gold leaf
At the end of the month why not make a little video tour of your work (up to three minutes long) and send it to us? Or send us some photo’s of your favourites. With your permission we may even feature your video on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!