Draw on Junk July
This month we are introducing our very own, brand new creative challenge, ‘Draw on Junk July’.
Every day in July we are challenging you to either:
- Draw or paint on Junk (found items, wooden spoons, old toys, old clothes, you name it)
- Or create images where you draw on top of photos of junk
- Or create images with junk by arranging it some way. This can be done digitally if you prefer.
Imagine what you could turn that junk into. An old button could become a face, a lolly stick could be a character’s body, a leaf could become a bird. Perhaps an old pair of trainers/sneakers could become funky and bright with your new cool designs.
- The only rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
- Post a picture of your creation every day.
- Experiment with different materials and objects.
- Don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your work on our blog!
As a reminder, please tag us on social media
- Twitter: @KickCreatives
- Facebook: @kickinthecreatives
- Instagram: @kickinthecreatives
- Pinterest: @kickinthecreatives
And you should also add the following hashtags
#kickinthecreatives and #DrawonJunkJuly
Share in our Facebook Group
You can also share your journal pages on our Facebook Group. We would love to see you there!
Tips to make things a little more manageable
- You could base all your creations on a theme
- You could collect all the ‘Junk’ you’re going to use prior to starting your project
Ideas to make your cartoons a little more interesting
- You could use more than one piece of junk in each creation
- Experiment with drawing (or painting) on your Junk with different media – markers, acrylic paint, crayons, collage and glue
At the end of the month, why not make a little tour video of your creations (up to three minutes long) and send it to us?
With your permission, we may even feature your ‘junk’ on our site!
And if you know any other creatives who might also enjoy this challenge, why not encourage them to have a go!
Other July Challenges
Half Past Christmas #HalfPastChristmas Introducing the all new creative challenge, ‘Half Past Christmas’...Yes, we are just over halfway there already! And we are challenging you to come up with one festive creation for this coming Christmas, every single day...read more
31 Printed Photos #31PrintedPhotos What ever happened to real photo albums, with real photographs that you can actually look at without having to sit in front of a screen? In an effort to bring back the printed photograph, this month we are introducing the brand new...read more